Ok, I�m an adult and I�ve given it time. I just don�t like my adult sibling(s). I don�t like who they are, have become or is becoming. I know we can�t choose our families but it�s beyond that. Not only would I not choose them to be in my family but I wouldn�t choose them to be my neighbor, co-worker, bus drive or lawn care guy because I really don�t want to have any relationship with them. It�s not all about sibling rivalry or jealousy or some long suffered wrong so a counselor or expert is not needed. I don�t like the person related to me. I vote them off my island and I want them to get out, get up, move on and move out of my life. Even if I still love them in my own way they are not the type of person who I want in my circle and neither is their spouse. It�s rather hard to realize someone related to me has no scruples, morals, manners or consideration and would throw mama from the train, sell mama up the river or do mama in just to get what they wanted. My eyes are wide open and I don�t want to try any more. I have no hard feelings but it�s just that my life is better off with healthy relationships. Sometimes I don�t want to put up with them so I�ll skip Thanksgiving this year, thank you very much. Is there a law that says we can�t break ties? I�ve forgiven and now I�ve accepted. So why am I the bad guy?

Could this have been written by you? The truth be told, I feel your pain. Do you think your relationship can be healed or have you thrown in the towel? Have anyone ever walked away and then been able to come back and enjoy a good relationship? Let me hear from you! Any input or advice is welcome!

Last edited by Nina - Siblings; 01/11/08 02:28 PM.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor