logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
oh wonderfull....I work in a hospital...and md consult is blocked...thats rich

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks for sharing. That was very unbiased and well done. Maybe there's hope yet. I agree with what they said, I think so many less people are going to be having kids going forward.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
Parakeet
Parakeet
My wife and I just said "Right on!" smile

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
So often interviews with the CF are unfair - emotion charged and judgmental making it difficult for people to clearly and calmly express their feelings.
The CF have been treated almost like a spot fire - we have to be put out at all costs before we start to spread and turn into a bush fire
AND, we are often considered weird, extreme or unnatural.
In this case the couples interviewed were normal couples who were permitted to respond - and they all spoke clearly, calmly and well - not a hint of defensiveness.
Basically..."this is how we feel and the choice we've made"...no big deal.
I'm hopeful that going forward more people will see that children are optional - we have a real choice.
My 16 year old nephew understands that being CF is an option in life....he politely points that out to teachers & others that assume parenthood is part of everyone's future.
The more CF in the world....the more people are exposed to the CF...the more they see we are normal people that simply chose for various reasons, not to have children.
Hopefully, people may then be more accepting, understanding and respectful of our decision - and perhaps, more will question and think before making a decision about parenthood.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Thank you Athena Marina for sharing this link. It helps to know that someone in the media has given a representative voice to the CFBC that is positive for a change.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Gecko
Gecko
Cool video -- thanks for sharing, Athena!

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I forwarded this video to a few die-hard breeders I know. Some were amazed to know that being CF is 'normal' among many people.

Gecko
Gecko
It's interesting, I've never felt the need to apologize for being CF. Actually, I often feel like people who have more than two children should apologize to me. Well, I've been told I'm weird all my life, I guess it's true.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That was awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I'll be showing this to a lot of people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.