Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I wouldn't consider myself to be a "fluffy bunny" in that I realize that there can be a darker side to things. Though, never having encountered some of these things in my practice, perhaps I am a bit naive. So, I have a few questions.

1) I guess my first thought is skepticism that a protection charm or shielding would truly provide protection from some of the truly nasty beings on the astral. It just seems that a really powerful being would be able to break these simple defenses. Any thoughts?
2) I haven't read/heard from too many newbies that have been attacked by nasties. Why would they be attracted to people who have more experience to deal with them?

I guess that's it for now, though I know I have more. I recently read a book that talked more in depth about some of the nasties out there, and I guess it freaked me out a little bit. I don't deal with dark magick, but I guess I worry that it could find me even if I'm not searching for it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Ok coming from a christian pov. Humans have free will there for if you are shielded then the nasties are forbidden to enter against your free will. with that said... you can open the door and let them in and they do not look evil or nasty at the time but as you get deeper or more involved or make the action a habit then they are hard to get rid of. I think most people still look for the man in the red suit with a tail and pitch fork to jumb out at them and say HEY IM EVIL.... BOO!!!
I dont think it works that way. I think it is more like a the little white lie. You call in sick to go party then you run into someone from work and have to tell a bigger lie to cover up the first lie...and it snowballs you dont think any of the lies are that big of a deal because they are little white lies that have gotten bigger then the last one.

so say you cast a spell or whatever you think Whats the Harm? but you dont think it through all the way and your intent is wrong and you get what you want and nothing bad happens. so you make a habit of casting half thought out spells with just I want for the intent. by the time things start going bad and you are convents that you had nothing to do with it and by the time you figure it out things are so bad you feel hopeless.

or coming from a Karma pov you make a habit of thinking negative you forget how to think positive and you attract negative things but you dont understand why because you think you are being positave...

ok now that i have made that about as clear as oily mud I think I will hush for now....anyways.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I'm talking more about obvious nasties on the astral. Though, I'm sure there are subversive ones as well.

Though you make a good point with the free will thing. I mean, the whole basis of magick is basically your will or intent. But, there are supposedly things that have been in the astral for much longer than we have, and I would think if they wanted to they could get through those defenses... I don't know...

Thanks!

Last edited by froggie0424; 01/08/08 10:03 AM.
Koala
Koala
Well again from a christian stand point I think maybe we were the first and only being made with total and complete free will on all levels. If God can not force me to do something against my will then how can something that was made by the same Creator make me do something? Granted they can threaten scare seduce me into changing my free will so they can get in but ultimently the choice is mine. Light is stronger then Darkness... Good is stronger then Evil.

Personaly, I think that in the cosmic theme of things, Good and Evil come from the Creator. How could we know Good if there was no evil and vise versa. So things fight for balance and control. I think Humans are the middle line and we have to chose good or evil but they can not force us or hurt us in a physical way. but on a mental, emotional and spiritual level they can try.

does that clear things up? The nasties that more expericensed people have to deal with are probley the ah demons that they have open the door to at one time without realizing that that is what they did or they are trying to clear nasties from someone else that is not strong enough to get rid of the nasty by there self because they dont know how the nasty got there. also they could (forgive the wording for this one) travel into a darker realm and expose themself to obseous nastys or at lest things that scare them away from that area.

For example, Almost everyone in the bible when they first saw an angel was afraid of it. so the angels always came and said Be NOT afraid.... So some Nasties may not always be evil but if you have never come acrossed one before then they get put in the nasty pot until proven otherwise. But i still think the truly nasty things of the univerous are more cold calulating and dubous then the more in your face BOO kind. but that is just in my HPOV.... smile

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I completely respect your ideas about this. But, I think most Pagans would agree with the idea that there are many types of entities out there, all with free will. In my mind, all entities are formed from the fabric of the universe (Divinity) and, therefore, all of the rules of the universe apply to all of these entities (us included).

And, I'm not necessarily inferring that these "nasty" entities on the astral are "evil." They are what they are, but they might not be so good for humans to interact with. Somewhere I read the comparison of a wasp(I think it was in Poppy Palin's Craft of the Wild Witch). A wasp isn't evil, but you still don't want to get stung.

You probably are right about opening the door to nasties. I mean, I guess that's the essence of why shielding and asking astral "spirits" to identify themselves works... That is a good explanation of why more powerful nasties attack more powerful witches too. They are putting themselves in those positions more...

I've really enjoyed this discourse, too! We don't see eye-to-eye on all things, but we are still able to discuss them civilly! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I do agree that there are entities besides humans with free will that may or may not wish to do us harm, although I think it is rare that these beings are consciously trying to hurt us.

I also agree that maybe we open ourselves up to certain energies. For example, an alcoholic may open themselves up to very negative energies and possibly become overtaken by them for a time. I also believe that illness, whether it be physical or mental, can cause us to be vulnerable. If a person is say chronically depressed for instance, then an entity that feeds off that energy may attach itself to the area and person involved. In this way it is more of like energy attracting like energy.

I believe that energy is the key whether that energy is attached to an entity or not.

You say you haven't heard newbies complaining of being attacked. Have you heard of experienced magicians complain of this? Sometimes, it is hard to verbalize or they don't know what is happening. However, I used to know someone who claimed that every little ache or pain was a psychic attack. She was a bit creepy. I actually felt drained whenever I was with her, and she was someone who made me feel that psychic vampires (those who feed on another's energy) are in fact real.

Many of us tend to align ourselves with a positive image of God, Goddess, spirits, etc., and this may be what protects us. However, like you say, more powerful witches and magicians may purposely open themselves to more powerful energies or they could just be more aware of what is going on in other planes.

I'd like to discuss this more because it is a fascinating subject that can go in many directions, but I have to get back to work. I will be back though.

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 01/08/08 03:32 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By: TrishPaganEd

You say you haven't heard newbies complaining of being attacked. Have you heard of experienced magicians complain of this? Sometimes, it is hard to verbalize or they don't know what is happening. However, I used to know someone who claimed that every little ache or pain was a psychic attack. She was a bit creepy. I actually felt drained whenever I was with her, and she was someone who made me feel that psychic vampires (those who feed on another's energy) are in fact real.

My only "experience" with anyone being attacked is pretty much from books. In Poppy Palin's Craft of the Wild Witch she talks of running into a strong spirit near Stonehenge that pretty much knocked her on her heiny... Some of the stuff in there was enough to freak me out a bit. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

Koala
Koala
Froggie, I have enjoyed this topic too! I see what you are saying about not all nasties are evil or bad just not right for us to interact with like a wasp. you do have a point!

Ok I am going to run with the energy vampires...
I have met many of these. they drain you on one or all levels mental emotional spiritualy phyicaly whatever... I think they are real both in the physical world as well as the spirit world.
Would you concerter these Nasties? or what? Even in the physical world is a person a energy vampire because they themselves are or is it a Nasty/spirit or what have you that has attached to the person?

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Everyone,

I find this topic very interesting! Many years ago I remember laying in bed, drifting off to sleep. As I was drifing in that lovely slumbery place, not asleep, yet not awake, I saw this creepy clown joker face go floating by. It was just floating around, until it noticed me noticing it. It came right at me laughing this strange, creepy, hysterical laugh. I sat straight up in bed. I took a few moments, relaxed, but when I closed my eyes again, there was that awful clown face. I couldn't seem to get rid of it once it found me.

So, finally after about 10 minutes of this, I got up, took a vibrational essence for psychic protection, got a piece of black tourmaline (good for protection) and climbed back into bed. Before I closed my eyes, I called on Archangel Michael to clear my home, and when I felt myself surrounded by wonderful energies, I closed my eyes again, and successfuly fell into a clown-free slumber.

I do have to say that when I was a newbie, I did attract some strange things - but then learned about psychic protection. And now I know newbies who do the same thing. But once they learn about psychic protection, they seem to do okay.

When I first entered the realm of the magical, and learned about psychic protection, I used to call on Archangel Michael all the time. Then one day I was having an experience during my dream time where something was messing with me. I called on Archangel Michael, and he didn't appear. Then I got a clear message to clear the problem out on my own, which surprisingly I was able to do.

Somewhere in that time period I learned that we are surrounded by spirits and angels who want to help us, but they do want us to learn that we also carry the power within ourselves.

Entities are energy beings, right? And we are energy beings. So really, I guess it's just about us learning to have confidence in our own energetic abilities.

Demons, luckily, I know nothing about. And with any luck, it'll stay that way LOL!

It's interesting that in the old days, our ancestors had many items they used for psychic protection - salt, iron, brick dust, certain herbs and flowers. They kept it simple, and believed in the power of these elements to protect them.

Our ancestors were able to believe in these things because they were raised to. However, in our society, such things are frequently mocked, so we don't always have the advantage of that unconditional belief. We may have to force ourselves to trust in something to help us.

Very interesting topic!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Free,
I really think it can be one or the other or both. I do believe that some people are just plain nasty (but hopefully redeemable). I also believe that we can have an entity that attaches itself to us. If they are energy vampires then they possibly came to us because we opened ourselves up to that.

We can be rid of these entities though even if we don't know we are there. I believe many people have a point where self preservation kicks in and that is when they change their behavior that once attracted these entities. Once that happens, we don't seem like such attractive prey for these "nasties."

My 2 cents anyway. Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
M
M
I've always considered shielding to be along the same lines as a bicycle lock or other form of protection of goods in the material world. A determined thief (or malicious entity) is likely to find ways to bypass whatever security measures you take. Hopefully, it will slow them down enough to encourage them to move on to an "easier" target.

In the material world, thieves and other malicious persons, look for vulnerabilities. They look for targets that haven't taken even the slightest precaution. Most are opportunists. My experience has been that the astral world is similar. If you wander around astral without so much as a shield, you are essentially a walking invitation. If you use appropriate shielding, the message that you send is, "I am prepared to defend myself and I'm paying attention to what's going on around me."

None of this really matters if you somehow become the target of a focused attack... Just as stalkers in the material world become focused on an individual and in many cases the precautions don't matter if the stalker is determined enough.

It is rare that an energy/entity/spirit/etc will attach itself so determinedly to an individual. The shields that you put up will, hopefully, give you a chance to retreat to safer ground.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
MysticAndi,

What a wonderful way to explain this. I agree that protection is very important. I have known many people who believed that if they were always positive then that was enough protection. That's the same as saying that if I don't believe my house or car will be broken into then they won't. You have to take common sense precautions.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Koala
Koala
Oh you mean my positive thought dont protect my car or house all by there selves? lol laugh I have always thought that it was kinda dumb to lock your car doors when all someone had to do was break the window to get what ever then wanted out of the car.... but it does work great to keep the lazy people out...or the stupid... I love the example by the way!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.