Print Thread
#361490 12/23/07 02:26 PM
B
bahrain Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
B
I am planning on a trip to Romania this coming year. Has anyone ever been there and what is it like? What are the people like?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
bahrain #379162 02/22/08 01:41 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Romania has the 9th largest territory and the 7th largest population (with 22 million people[2]) among the European Union member states. Its capital and largest city is Bucharest (Romanian: Bucureşti /bu.kuˈreʃtʲ/ (help�info)), the 6th largest city in the EU with almost 2.2 million people. In 2007, Sibiu, a large city in Transylvania, was chosen as European Capital of Culture.[3] Romania also joined NATO on March 29, 2004, and is also a member of the Latin Union, of the Francophonie and of OSCE. (source: Wikipedia)

I worked at a company up till last March and dealt with some customers in Romania. The people I interacted with were very polite and friendly. I really enjoyed working with them and chatting like old friends everytime they called.

Last edited by Phyllis D. Burns; 02/22/08 01:41 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
I spent a week in Romania last August (meaning a month ago). veeery lovely country - in some parts very poor but very nice and generous people.
We stayed in a village called Sasca Romana. The houses were nicely decorated, the shops were very small:) beautiful nature! you can see there rich people in expensive cars as well as poorer people in very old fashioned clothes - but I just love this kind of contrast. People in the village seem to lead very "slow" life... they talk to neighbours, sit by their houses, children play in the street with no fear that something will happen to them... like the time stopped there:) no rat race:) but I must say I learnt a lot of patience there, as (at least in this village) everybody and everything was late:)))) I guess it's a kind of life style:)

Barbara Swiech, Polish Culture Editor
Polish Culture Website
Polish Culture Forum
BookAdvisor.Eu

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.