logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
HA! Soon as I'd written that line I realised how it could sound, like I'm trying to buy a baby or something! Oh HELL NO!
I'm talking about buying things for kids.
Remember I am a teacher so I work with kids.
I really LOVE my class this year (so far, I only have 17 and I could get up to 10 more next month HELP! and they could be little *@#! for all I know!) they are cute, funny, sweet, smart (well not ALL!!) and well behaved. Now my colleague and I agreed we'd buy them a gift each.
OK somehow this job fell to me! Maybe cos she works longer hours (but again, that's not my fault!) or cos she was visiting her mum in a country area on the weekend?
ANYWAY I've got pretty much everything but although like I said they're great kids, the best class I have EVER had and I DO feel blessed to have such a great bunch and I DO agree they deserve a present, buying it was kinda boring!
And I found myself thinking I hope this is OK, I hope they like it etc. And although I was pleased with the things I found (my colleague and I had talked about what to look out for) after I'd got most of it I decided I had done ENOUGH and I didn't want to do any more!
Plus I got it as close to home as possible!
I could have gone a bit further out to maybe a cheaper shop or more selection (although what I found was nice) but I admit I didn't want to! I just wanted to get it out of the way.
I am happy to give them a present and even though I can get the money back, I don't want to - they've earned it.
But the actual act of BUYING the stuff, and looking for it, was such a bore chore it was NOT a pleasure AT all.
Now I don't mind cos it's just a Christmas thing, fine. But I think I would personally find it SO DULL shopping constantly for kiddie things they wanted or needed.
Call me selfish if you want - and I happen to have some pretty UNselfish reasons for not having/wanting kids too - but that's how I feel.
I mean, take my mum. She LOVES shopping and she especially loves buying things for me and I guess for my brother and for his kids. But me, NUH UH!
It's just NOT my THING!

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Some women love shopping, but not all do. My sister hates it too! Anyway, that's actually the part I like. I love buying kids presents. I bet with so many of them it is hard to decide what to get all of them. I forget how old your "kids" are, but if they are under say 10, I'm sure they will just be thrilled that you got them something. I think kids like their teachers until they become too cool. LOL. And you are doing a very nice thing! It sounds like shopping might not be your thing, and that's very okay.

Save your own life - don't have kids!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.