Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#359341 12/12/07 03:05 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
So what is your second topic going to be about? laugh we like post!! we just ran out of topics....ok so The token christian has ran out of topics!!! hehehe anyways just thought i would ask!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
freespirit #359399 12/12/07 07:18 PM
Elephant
Elephant
and the token jew is out of questions too! However we do like to talk.. so ask or bring up anything ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
freespirit #359578 12/13/07 03:53 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL...I can see I will have my work cut out for me. You will keep me on my toes. Forgive me folks for being a little behind. I'm still trying to get this editor training under my belt.

As far as topics, I suppose it is that time of year when many of us feel we need to tiptoe around our beliefs. Is this true or not for the majority of the people on this board? Are your family and friends supportive of your faith or not? Do you feel the need to be "in the broom closet" as they say?

I will share my answer if this topic takes off.

Oh, and thanks to the token Christian and token Jew for lighting a fire under this Pagan's rear end. blush

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Trish-D #359605 12/13/07 06:08 PM
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I'm feeling some pressure from my husband to remain primarily "in the broom closet" around his family. When we were making our Xmas lists for them, I had to censor it a bit (no off-the-wall Pagany books and such). Since we're going up north for when Yule is occurring, I'll likely end up doing some small ritual away from the others to celebrate my way.

Though, I have to say I don't really mind. They have the right to celebrate their way, and I'll do it mine. I don't want to offend anyone.

Around my family, I'm more open. Regardless, with both families, the holiday is mostly celebrated as "giftmas" instead of a religious holiday. So, they don't really step on my toes, and I want to extend the same to them.

#359622 12/13/07 06:57 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
lol well around my family its giftmas and religion is checked at the door it is understood that everyone is saves and christian even if no one goes to church or talks religion. around my husbands family we are the good christians of christmas with giftmas thrown in for fun. I tend to have libreal view and think outside the box so I am in the ah closet most of the time because if you dont believe 100% like everyone else then your not a christian.... so my husband and I sometimes talk about religion (read that as I talk and he stares glassy eyed at me with a cutie little smile that says Boy I wonder what she is talking about? lol)

freespirit #359729 12/14/07 11:20 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think a lot of people nowadays check religion at the door. My mom and I have come to a "polite understanding." We both respect the other. We would rather spend time together peacefully than argue about politics and religion. Life is too short to do otherwise. I admit though that it took many years for us to reach this point. I'm glad we have. My dad's family definitely has the giftmas thing going on too (great word by the way folks).

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Trish-D #359833 12/14/07 05:08 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I am not sure if we have a polite understanding or check religion at the door for the holidays but we just drop the subject all the time...or agree to everything with out question or really hearing the others... it is more of a cold war... lol!

freespirit #359835 12/14/07 05:20 PM
Zebra
Zebra
Hello...Token Buddhist here.... ! grin
Wot wiv Paganism rightly claiming the origins of Yuletide and its timing as their own, Christians insisting on hyjascking the symbols as depictions of Eternal Life, the 'Evergreen, Love and Grace of God and other faiths riding piggy-back and joining in with their own slant on things - It will come, mark my words! - I just keep my head down, wish everyone well, and have two of everything, if it's free.....!
Buddhists - having no God, and having different opinions to those of Pagans, tend to adopt what we euphemistically call "The Middle Way". Whilst we have no inherent Religious reason to celebrate anything, we wholeheartedly rejoice in the happiness and gladness of others, and see no hypocrisy in wishing anyone, from any calling, faith or denomination, the most wonderful christmas they could wish for.

Here's to Good Health, Happiness and Serenity to you all. And may the best of this year, be the worst of the next....

Pass the sherry.... wink

Last edited by Alexandra; 12/14/07 05:21 PM.
Alexandra #359850 12/14/07 06:15 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Here's to Good Health, Happiness and Serenity to you all. And may the best of this year, be the worst of the next....

Pass the sherry....

Amen heres your Sherry!! May it Keep you Cheery!!!

freespirit #359851 12/14/07 06:17 PM
Zebra
Zebra
Thanks Freebubbles! Oh, about the chocolates...sorry about the bite marks...my puppy likes the Orange cremes.... grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.