Next Thread
Print Thread
#358822 12/09/07 08:07 PM
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
I found a great article which discusses ways to achieve better gas mileage. One of which is opening up a gas card which may offer gas rewards towards your purchase of gasoline.

*Tune up the car.
*Make sure that your air conditioner works properly.
*If you have a credit card that offers a cashback bonus, such as the Discover card, use that for gas purchases instead of an oil company credit card. Discover even offers a credit card now that is made especially for gas purchases. It offers a larger cashback bonus than the regular Discover card.

Hope this helps!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sabrina
Sponsored Post Advertisement
You could also invest in energy stocks or mutual funds that are heavily invested in oil companies.

William Charles Vetter
Cars
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Hi WilliamCharles! Thanks for your post, do you have any additional information you can provide all of us with?

Thanks

Sabrina
Hello Sabrina,

The physical techniques for saving gas have been well documented here on BellaOnline and elsewhere. It is also a very good idea to use rewards cards to return some cash, you might also consider using retailers that offer a discount for customers who pay cash. I stopped at a station today that sells gas for $0.10 per gallon less if customers pay cash as opposed to credit sales, that's over 3% return on your purchase.

As far as investing there are many options for investors interested in energy stocks and energy invested mutual funds. In this way as the oil company(ies) make more money so do you. I think that people often forget that these companies are not family owned, unlike the oil rich Middle East Countries, many of which are in fact family owned.

In the end, even 10% is not really a huge savings, not when you consider that gas has gone up 30% in one year, to really save money and at the same time, the environment, we need to change a lot more than the credit cards in our wallets.

Please read my five part series on alternate fuels and technologies in the cars forum here on BellaOnline, and let me know what you think.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by WilliamCharles-Cars; 12/16/07 01:52 PM.

William Charles Vetter
Cars
Shark
Shark

Club TomTom: Save Money At The Pump
Quote:
TomTom is proud to unveil TomTom Fuel Prices, a new service that finds the lowest gas prices so travelers can make the best choices for fueling up. TomTom Fuel Prices will be available for TomTom 9

I just read that article on the clubtomtom site. I'm thinking about getting a TomTom ONE 3rd Edition for only 150 bucks but the 920 might also save me some money in the long run. They make it so hard to choose! May I will get one for my dad and the other for me. Either way, thoguht that was interesting.

*~*SwishyKid*~*

Moderated by  Steve - Cars 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.