logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#357957 12/04/07 05:21 PM
OP Offline
Ive got an issue that I don�t know... what to do with..or even how to think about it -
I don�t have many fiends.. I have a husband who has friends.. and children - they all have friends. But I don�t have friends. I don�t know anyone ... and when I do meet people, I don�t even know what to do with them. Im so use to interacting through a window on a screen - and friends have been such an issue in my marriage that i�ve not even tried in years. Not even online - I live life like a voyeur on the internet - I know who people are and what they do.... their hobbies and interests.. I see their little inside jokes.. and in my own mind im part of it - but I dont know them.
But, I�ve found someone I would like to be friends with, online at least,... just friends... and it has me in such a turmoil its ruining me. But why should I feel so elated and amazed that I find someone I want to be my friend... and I act like an 8 year old with a crush.. it would be cute if I wasn�t so damn old... I say too much... i seem needy... I guess I am. but I don�t want to be. Its not even like I could hang out with this person offline, in fact, I probably wouldn�t want to if it came right down to it. because im sure who they are is partly my own fabrication.
Im tired of being so alone.
And yes, I know I sound like a complete whackjob.
I don�t know hat to do with my thoughts or my feelings.. I live a completely separate life from what goes on in my head and in a way it terrifies me. I cant live that life openly. Its not like I want to dress like a man and call myself earl, its that It would change everything around me.... I don�t know how to deal with change that I create. I can handle change when it happens, but not when I initiate it, since im the one that is in control and is supposed to know what�s going on. Im good at dealing with things that are out of control, but not start from there on my own terms. I lack self sufficiency, though I'm trying to change that. but I feel like its a fruitless effort - I don�t know what I'm doing anymore other than going through the motions of life all in order to make things work out. And things are working out - out here... everything is going as it should be.
And finding someone I could be friends with shouldn�t throw me into such turmoil.... really its that im crying out because there is no one to cry out too but I'm scared to say anything because someone might hear.
I just don�t know what to do now. or really..how to deal with feeling like [censored] and so giddy all at the same time. It makes me want to cry because I know it wont last... and I�ll be all alone again.. but if I'm too open I would even scare myself away...

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
- Steven Wright
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Hi Bunny, Many people suffer from shyness and have trouble making and keeping friends. Friendships are hard work when you have a busy lifestyle - you have to make a conscious effort to stay in touch.
I just wondered whether you might have a psychological problem - my BIL has social phobia - in a social setting he feels anxious and awkward - at work he often felt terrified in meetings and seminars when he might be expected to address the group - he'd go red and forget everything - the anxiety was so bad.
He finally read on the internet about a condition called social phobia - he was amazed that he seemed to have all the symptoms so he went to see a psychiatrist - he has now been on medication for 4 years and has never looked back - he can't believe how relaxed he feels socially - he's sorry he didn't find the answer earlier - he always just assumed it was his personality.
I wonder whether you might have a similar problem....my BIL had no friends - he felt uncomfortable and anxious when people got too close....
Please don't misunderstand me .......I'm not saying you're crazy - it might be you're just shy or lack confidence - but if it's so crippling and controlling of your life, I can't help but wonder if you might also, have a problem that can be treated.
Shyness and insecurity can also be helped - psychologists can provide advice in that area - finding out why you have trouble making friends and perhaps, helping you find some answers.
Good luck to you Bunny - I hope your future includes a circle of close friends.

Maxwell #358974 12/10/07 05:25 PM
OP Offline
Thank You Deborah... I think you are right. I really should go see someone.. for my anxiety.. confusion.. all around oddness :o)

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
- Steven Wright

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.