Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I am allergic to artificial sweeteners. They give me immediate stomach and intestinal distress. To say the least, I avoid anything and everything that resembles an artificial sweetener. With that in mind, I have been reluctant to try no-calorie Stevia (labeled a dietary supplement). Stevia is actually an herb that can be added to beverages and other foods to make them sweet tasting. A friend kept recommending it to me and telling me it was made from an herb. I finally succumbed and gave it a try all the while bracing myself for stomach issues to develop. I was amazed first of all that I didn't develop any problems and second that Stevia tasted quite good. Still, I wasn't convinced it was safe for me until I had tried it a half dozen times or more. Now, I'm sold on using it. Of course, like anything moderation is your best bet and, admittedly, it doesn't taste the same as sugar. But it does impart a sweet taste to tea or other foods.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've been using Stevia for about 3 years for my coffee and tea and have had absolutely no adverse effects. I researched it before trying and could find no research about any adverse effects of using it either.

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.