Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
V
I use audio books a lot with the special needs students I work with. I wrote an article about how I use audio books to improve reading fluency, comprehension and vocabulary.

I would like to know of any experiences anyone else has had with using audio books to help students improve their reading skills.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am presently listening to Bleak House by Dickens - in the evenings I settle down to listen when the TV offerings are dire. It is amazing how much interest kids take in novelty! Last night my 8 yr old cosied up to enquire when I was going to put the tape in!

I do think it is educational, as you will often find yourself explaining vocabulary etc. If the child then reads a short paragraph he has the confidence to attempt some unfamiliar words.

Interesting forum!

S
S
Being a Student I appreciate what you did........... Writing a article is not a simple thing...............
I referred that Teaching Content with Video Clips I liked it very much...............
Thanx a lot...........

Last edited by Sheryl22; 12/11/07 03:16 AM.

Here is a websiteBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
V
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
V
Thank you both Siobhain and Sheryl for your kind words.

Regarding the Teaching Content with Video Clips article, I continue to find new ways to incorporate short video clips into lessons which make a powerful impact on the students in a short amount of time.

Even more exciting is the fact that I just recently was able to secure grant funding to purchase a LCD projector for each classroom. Now every teacher will have unlimited opportunities throughout the day to enhance their instruction with meaningful, related video clips. I'm thrilled!

Moderated by  Celestine - Special Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.