logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
I am a white women about to have a black mans daughter in a matter of days and I know absolutly nothing about their hair and I do not want her to walk around with a nasty head cuz I don't know what to do with it. so if anyone knows how to treat it please send me info.
thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I would think that it would depend on what gene is domanite. black hair is very strong and course but it doesnt grow long white hair tends to be finer and weaker but it grows longer...
black-white hair can break easy because it loses the strength of the black hair but it will grow longer like the white hair.

I was told that at one time that it depends on the hair. black hair is brittle and needs oil and conditioning more then white hair. so I would contition and oil the hair like any other black hair...unless she has oily oily hair to began with then I would shampoo and condition as you do.... ask a beautition they would know.... good luck!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Congratulations on your new baby! When she arrives, she will have her own brand of hair. Not all back hair is the same just like all white hair is the same. Wait til you see her and she has enough hair to worry about, then find out how to treat her individual hair.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Well, here is the point of view of one mixed child:
For years I agonized over my hair and the perception that it has to be tamed and subdued.

Now I let it be natural, curls and all....
First thing is to realize that "their hair" is really your hair and his hair. In this age of so much skin and haircare knowledge it would be unlikely that your daughter's hair would reach the point of becoming 'nasty'. Added to the fact that you seem vigilant about taking care of any hair issues.

Your daughter's hair may be either straighter or curlier depending on which gene is more dominant. Either way, I am sure you will love her hair.

Here is my 2 cents on how I take of my hair:

I wash my hair and condition it constantly. Any kind of frizz control product is good - Frizz Ease is good or any curl conditoner product. Another great product is Redken ringlet 07 curl perfector. Curly to kinky hair tends to be dry at times, so I use a glosser and Infusium which has panthenol to give hair a smoother texture.

For kids with curly hair it is important that you resist the urge to straighten the child's hair with a chemical relaxer - this could permanently damage the hair.

Later when your daughter is older, you can take her to the hair salon to have her hair blown out straight or set on hair rollers which gives controlled, beautiful curls.

Editor, Soapmaking site at Bellaonline
Soapmaking Site at Bellaonline

Soap making kits, DIY bath and body kits and customizable labels.
PerfumeKits.com
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you for your comments Winsome. It is nice that we don't all have to look alike anymore and their are many great products available to deal with every hair issue.

Koala
Koala
oh now i have a question for winsome! with mixed hair like yours is it hard to get it to grow long? my friends daughter wants long hair but it breaks off and it just wont grow longer then low neck....Any tips? thank you!

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hi Freebubbles3:
Well mixed hair can be any variety of kinds of hair textures. However,the more natural it is left is the longer it will grow. Here's an example of how black hair can grow if left alone to do 'its thing' - Rastafarians will have very long hair (and it s their hair!), but if you take that same hair and subject it to a barrage of chemicals, then you have hair that appears as if it will never grow. Then if the person went natural or grew dreads (locs) the hair grows.
* I am sure there are exceptions to this rule...

My hair is healthiest when left alone in its most natural state. I do a lot buns and updos and large braids of my own hair in one, two and four braids. My sisters and I have very, very curly hair - so while I let my hair reach a little past shoulder length, my sister Angela's hair grows down past her butt.

PerfumeKits.com
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hi Lynne:
I know. It is great... knowing that is so freeing!!!

PerfumeKits.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.