logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
the greatest stress for my business was being involved in only one business.
i started out in jewelry making years back. not that many people were doing it back then. and then all of a sudden everyone is a "designer" and the market became flooded. i went from sustainable income to no income to speak of.

i sat down and wrote on paper all of my skills. pondered for quite a while which ones i'd feel comfortable offering the public and gave it a go.

that was 7 years ago when i was out of work. then i ended up staying home to take care of my dear mother who was dying. Mom went home to Heaven and i stayed working at home, and further refined my goals, objectives, professionalism, etc.

i'm still at home today and review my business plan every quarter (every 3 months) and move on it according to which way the wind is blowing at the time.

when i get really stressed, i do pray for guidance, and i also shut the computer off and do something creative. that way i have a chance to assess the situation, make a plan and later i get back on the computer and research my thoughts. if it passes my "is it viable" test, i move on it. if not, i think some more.

my mom taught me that. i used to cry and get upset. she taught me the difference between a really critical junction in business and something that is unpleasant and will pass.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hmmm... Stress...

Stress is a weird thing. Just enough - and it helps you grow in ways you wouldn't have had it not been there. So I'm grateful for the lessons stress brings, sometimes. Too much, though, and it really hurts your health.

And as the boss of my body and of my business - it is of utmost importance that I stay healthy.

I write, play music, and take breaks when I need to. Being the owner of my business I can take time to stretch, dance, talk to my own Coach (yes, good Business Coaches use coaches of their own), and even sometimes "nap on it" when I've got decisions stressing me out.

I also make sure to "unplug" and take entire days or weekends away from the computer, tv, radio, newspaper and phone. Seriously, if you haven't tried this, do it. It SO works for those of us who are always too plugged in. Visit with friends, take a class unrelated to work, or get out in nature. It really recharges the batteries!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.