Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hello Ladies, I so appreciate you all sharing from your heart. After all, I kinda think this is what this Forum is meant to be about. We're here to encourage each other as Business Women while also giving each other business tips. I invite you all to create specific threads on topics we can really enjoy and help each other with.

I like the emphasis on living in the moment in your comments. Just today I realized that I have sometimes created stress for myself lately by pushing forward a little too fast without always enjoying the moment. Now I feel so much lighter as I'm focusing on "simply being me" while enjoying each and every step.

Here I thought I was doing that, but somehow I got distracted. Now I'm back on track and full of joy! smile

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Tami,

I know what you mean. Pushing forward is like an ebb and flow kind of thing.

There are moments where you have to put your blinders on and just push yourself forward with all your might...while there are other more tender moments when all you really need is to give yourself a moment to breathe...and to think.

The real mark of making your business a reality is to recognize each moment as it comes...and to evaluate each moment on it's own merit.

As business owners we must recognize that success rarely happens as a result of one particular action...it happens as a result of a series of consecutive actions - each one building on the momentum exerted by the last.

Latarsha Lytle, MBA
Pursue A Career That Makes Your Heart Go Wild: www.career-change-positioning.com
Start A Biz That Impacts The World: www.small-business-ideas-branded-by-passion.com
Parakeet
Parakeet
Tami you've started a great thread here and have been very supportive. You are an asset.

Have you solved the website issue yet.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Shannon, it's funny you would ask about the website... I just posted the answer on the other thread. Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate your presence on Bella as well.

Latarsha, it's good to have you here too. Your words make me think of how everything we do towards our business is an investment that keeps adding up. It's OK to stop to smell the roses for a few minutes because everything isn't hinging on that one moment. Every step forward is progress and all those steps add up! It also means that the payoffs to some of the investments we've made are still coming even when we take a few minutes to rejuvenate.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
A few things actually:-
- Enjoying a glass of wine,
- Nice long bath,
- Patting my cats,
- Exercise - I've found I often can't sleep if I'm mentally exhausted - physically exhausted, I always sleep well.
- Yoga
- Time out - just sitting quietly enjoying my own company after a mad day at work.
- Cooking - I turn my brain off work and start chopping onions, mixing and stirring...heaven.

L
L
Tami,

I couldn't have said it better myself.

For me, it's about cumulative impact.

I can't lie awake at night bothered by a long list of to-dos because it's such a distraction.

Instead, I use my nighttime energy to congratulate myself on the small steps I made...and then top it off with laying out plans for the next small step.

And over time, I promise...all those small steps WILL add up.

In fact, it's a blast to watch how each small step adds to the big picture.

And then, each day I can go to bed with a smile on my face and satisfaction in my heart that I have used my life to make a definite difference in the lives of others.

Which is my bottom-line measure of success.

Latarsha Lytle, MBA
Pursue A Career That Makes Your Heart Go Wild: www.career-change-positioning.com
Start A Biz That Impacts The World: www.small-business-ideas-branded-by-passion.com
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Originally Posted By: Deborah49
A few things actually:-
- Enjoying a glass of wine,
- Nice long bath,
- Patting my cats,
- Exercise - I've found I often can't sleep if I'm mentally exhausted - physically exhausted, I always sleep well.
- Yoga
- Time out - just sitting quietly enjoying my own company after a mad day at work.
- Cooking - I turn my brain off work and start chopping onions, mixing and stirring...heaven.

You sound exactly like me Deborah! I swear...I could have written that list word for word.

Exercise is a must. It makes an enormous difference for me. I've been pretty diligent about yoga for the last few months. It's addicting, and seems to take care of the exercise plus the deep breathing and meditation at the same time. It takes a little longer than, say, going for a run, but it's time well spent.

Shark
Shark
I find that doing my best at any given moment reduces my stress quite a bit. And by "Doing my Best," that doesn't mean pushing myself until I drop - that means being honest about what my best is at any given moment.

Somedays I'm a business rock star. Others, my best is just getting through the day without eating my weight in french fries. But as long as I've done my best for the given moment, the given day, I have nothing to beat myself up about or stress out over.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Aaaaahhh-hhh ! Finishing the last article for the last deadline before Christmas - now that's a real stress-buster and what Ive just achieved!

Funny how so many of us do exactly as deborah does! Me too!

I will now give myself a treat - browsing and choosing a website!

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Way to go, Siobhain! I hope you can really enjoy Christmas even more now.

I find it fun looking at website possibilities for a website I'm planning too. Who did you end up going with for a website hosting company?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.