logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
Hi all so nice to read nice things about Brian going up on non Queen related forums. It is good to see he has so much support from every corner of the globe.

Thought you may want to see this - it was an interview he did back in Jan 2008
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
That is awesome news! Good on him smile

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
I
I
Here is a pretty recent interview with him re the PhD

From Queen to cosmos: Brian May gets his PhD
Andy Rain / EPA
That's Dr. May to you: Queen guitarist Brian May went back to school in London to earn his doctorate in astrophysics. His subject: dust in the (interplanetary) wind.
The musician who wrote 'We Will Rock You' went from the school of rock to graduate studies in astrophysics. He emerged with a book on the history of the universe and insight into interplanetary dust.
By John Johnson Jr., Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
June 7, 2008
Brian May, lead guitarist for Queen and the author of the stadium anthem "We Will Rock You," was awarded his PhD this year in astrophysics from Imperial College London. Now his first book, "Bang! The Complete History of the Universe," written with astronomer Sir Patrick Moore and astrophysicist Chris Lintott, is being released in the U.S.

The book, inspired by physicist Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time," is a tour of the cosmos from a microsecond after the Big Bang to when the Earth is a baking husk 5 billion years from now. While preparing to launch the band's latest tour, May, 60, took a short break to explain how a hard-core rocker was snared by the music of the spheres.

for the rest of the article please go to:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Isishere; 06/16/08 03:05 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:17 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.