logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Parakeet
Parakeet
The Secret book is on the Law of Attraction.

It was never a secret. It has been marketed very good though.

Read any business book, or how millionaires think and you'll find the Law of Attraction thinking

An even older book teaches the lessons of the Secret, and it' a bigger best seller then the secret. The original book has been a best seller every year - the Bible.

The law of attraction. Ask, Expect and Receive. Know what you want, and treat those around you the way you want to be treated.

The lessons from the book are important in that it does teach positive living and staying focused on what you want.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Originally Posted By: faith68
Think of ways of doing RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS from your heart, that you mean to do it and feel the difference of self worth it will make in your life.

Beautiful!

It is a little scarey to me when people only become interested in living 'well,' when they think it means material abundance/overindulgence. On the other hand, whether it is Buddism, or following the teachings of the Bible; if 'a secret' is what it takes to get people here, it may not be all sad. It may stick to some.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I think if you study the Law of Attraction and practice it, eventually you will come to the idea that it has nothing to do with material things and monetary wealth. It can be a spiritual path that transcends just materially living "well".

Once you start on the path, and get used to asking for inner guidance about your life, it naturally leads you toward goodness. By following this inner guidance, sometimes you end up someplace you never thought you would be-but you will be happier than you ever thought you could be also.

I have read several books on the law of attraction and all of them say to find your passion and follow that-not thinking about monetary gain. I think if people did not have to worry about money or failure, they would be doing many things that would benefit others.

Having this mindset of attracting helpful people and good things in your life brings you friends and fullfillment in life.

Stacy.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I agree Stacy. I've been implementing the Law of attraction in my life and it has become more of a spiritual path for me as well.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I have always lived that way to a degree (in some form or other.) It is a spiritual path. To hear that this is what makes millionaires, confuses me. How can you keep being driven by the desire to take? Spirituality is selfless and giving.

"By following this inner guidance, sometimes you end up someplace you never thought you would be-but you will be happier than you ever thought you could be also." - I Know, Stacy-Green. The best things in my life have come this way.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Books that have this lesson:

"Think and Grow Rich" By Napolean Hill
"The Millionaire Mind" by -- can't remember off the top of my head.

It's all about visualizing what you want in life, what lifestyle you want, and giving back.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Does the 'be careful what you wish for,' adage apply here?

Well, I suppose if you are blissfully happy with all your material possessions, you may never care.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Also, isn't it polite to ask the universe if what you you want is healthy and OK for it to give. (like a demanding kid) Does the universe look after it's own interests or is that our responsibilty?

J
Koala
Koala
J
One thing I always attach to anything I might want to see happen is that it be a good thing for all concerned. Perhaps there is a better plan out there that I can't see yet. Mostly I ask for direction so that my life will be on a good path. As the Bible says "Lead me in the way I should go." Sometimes that is the best thing to ask for.

Besides, you can't ask for things that would bring harm to others without bringing it back to yourself.

M
Shark
Shark
M
Well, you kind of can. Look at oil tycoons, or corporate
heads of industries that are stinking up our planet. They are the main cause of global warming, and are blaming society first, and running with their pockets full. Maybe when the backlash happens, if you've got lots of employees to duck behind you can get along fine.

I suppose it always comes down to how deeply you are currently allowing your conscience to accept blame.

But, the question remains, if this is only for the betterment of mankind, how come you can become a millionaire selling products from our streached natural resources, for our streached mental resources, that we already have too many of? I'm thinking black magic works along the same principles.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.