logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
You know, the zome sets have tiny little plastic balls that could be a choking hazard too. These balls are covered in tiny holes, so they may not be as hazardous as other small objects, but still, it is something to consider. I forget about these things as my kids were never mouthy, though we did have one child purposely sticking sunflower seeds up her nose!

I like the look of the hydrogen powered car. Too bad it can't be a little more affordable. That whole site is very fun to browse, and I have bookmarked it for later! Thanks for the link!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Did you hear about Auqa Dots? I almost bought these for my children. I'm glad I didn't since I have two that are very oral and I shudder to think what might have happened.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks for the warning, Rebecca! It sounds as if the Aqua Dots have been pulled off the shelves, but if anyone has them at home, they should get rid of them asap.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I heard about the Aqua Dots, too -- scary! My almost three-year-old still likes putting things in her mouth, so I'm glad I don't have those, either.

Lesley Aeschliman
Z
Amoeba
Amoeba
Z
zome tools look perfect for him!!!
they just hit the xmas list!
they aren't made in china, are they? lol (well, sort of)
i'm not too worried with my 2yo, since he is also not one to put things in his mouth, and these too shall "pass" smile
as long as it is not toxic or coma inducing, we're okay there.

My daughter has asked for a CSI Field Kit. She sat in on an FBI lecture at our local library and says she wants to be an agent when she grows up. She spent weeks using a stamppad to take everyone's fingerprints. The kit has fingerprint powder, crime scene tape, plaster and what promises to be cheap binoculars and a microscope. I found it on the Toysrus website for $40. I figure if she shows enough interest, I can buy her a good microscope for her birthday. She's also asked for a rock tumbler and an iPod. And a trampoline. And a new chess set. And Hannah Montana Tickets. And a new softball bat. *sigh* At least she's well-rounded.

Kari Livingston
Softball Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Kari-

I love your daughter's wish list! She does sound very well rounded. I have a feeling that CSI positions will have their pick of brilliant candidates in a few more years. There are so many gifties interested in that type of work! But when I watch CSI, I can't help but think how mundane much of the work would be without the cool music...

I often chuckle at the asynchrony of my kids wish lists. For example, a six year old asking for a Princess dress and a microscope!

thanks for posting, Kari! Please drop in again soon.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Now I have a great image of a little girl in princess dress, peering into the microscope....

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Please check out my new piece on gifts for gifted kids. This week, my focus is on board games:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Amoeba
Amoeba
Sad to say my gifted son who hates writing, most reading and english, is getting a mountain-board!

Funnily enough this ties in with a comment I was thinking of posting on the other thread and that is, it's important to remember that gifted children need an outlet, somewhere to let off energy, preferably in the fresh air and where they are likely to mix with other kids their own age.

Physical activity is one area where they can mix on a level playing field with kids their own age (sometimes preferring company of older kids or adults verbally)- and of course, it doesnt do these kids any harm at all to 'not be the best' for once in a different arena!!

(ps - lorel, I hope you got joke about the Egyptians? ie the story was about Amun Aphet the Sung God!)

Siobhain
short stories

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.