Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

The first one to answer THREE trivia questions correctly will win the prize. This contest is open to anyone living in the US or UK who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. The prize will be a Chronostone Pill Timer Necklace. For complete rules, please visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Parabens are additives (such as SLS) that are often put in conditioners and the like. They are particularly dangerous because they penetrate deeply into the body and can build up. In developing children, any foreign substance that stays in the body can negatively affect their development, from brain damage to cancer, the effects could be far-reaching.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
You are absolutely correct, San Marcos Lady. Are you ready for the next question?

Which of these grains can be eaten by someone who is gluten intolerant---oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, spelt, rice, wheat, amaranth, barley or millet?

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
S
S
Because food sensitivities can often run in packs, it is always good to be cautious when trying a new food for the first time and be aware of how the food you are eating has been processed. Given that:
oatmeal - gluten free of itself but often contaminated by other grains during processing
quinoa - usually okay
buckwheat - usually okay
spelt - nope
rice - usually okay
wheat - definitely no
amaranth - probably okay
barley - probably not (unless it is in beer, but even then, I'd be VERY cautious)
millet - probably okay

S
S
double post sorry

I'm still kinda new to this forum, is there any way to delete a stupid double post?

Last edited by San Marcos Lady; 11/17/07 06:00 PM.
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
No need to apologize. The next time you want to delete a post just click on "edit" which is at the bottom of the post box. You will be taken to a new box showing your post. Below you will see "delete post." Just click on that and your mistake will go away. That's all there is to it.

You definitely are excelling at answering my questions. Great answer to question 2.

Here is question 3:

Which of these foods would you eat if you were trying to boost your immune system and why? garlic, ginger, oranges, yogurt, spinach, eggs.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Sheree-Allergies; 11/17/07 08:05 PM.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
S
S
garlic- a great idea, stimulates production of white cells and increases antibody efficiency. Some studies think it helps prevent cancer too

ginger- Has long been knows to boost the immune system

oranges- definitely a good idea, oranges are high in Vitamin C which increase white blood cell count and interferon, a preventative antibody

yogurt- It depends on the kind of sick you are. Yogurt with active cultures can help replace missing bacteria that occur when on antibiotics. For some people you just get diahrrea though. Basically, yes, but be careful with it and know your own body (people who are lactose intolerant would obviously avoid this).

spinach- heavy in iron, but also can be rough on the digestive track. Again, knowing your own body here come sin handy. If you have cravings for things like lots of meat, blood, etc., then you may very well need to increase the iron in your diet and spinach is an excellent way to do that.

eggs- Eggs are a great source of Selenium which mobilizes cancer fighting cells and natural "killer cells" so YES to eggs

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Excellent work, San Marcos Lady. Congratulations! It looks like you have just won a pill timer necklace. I'm very happy you started to visit our forum. You have a great deal of information to share that will be valuable to others. Please send me your mailing information to my bellaonline e-mail address. Go to this link and fill in the info:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
S
S
Actually, I am just very good at looking things up and putting it all together. I really enjoy trivia contests so I play them every once in a while. My daughter got me hooked.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Congratulations, again,

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.