Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
elizabethgoss41, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57415 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57416 Members
417 Forums
113479 Topics
805666 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 433
Beetlemess 151
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 128
Jana - Creativity Editor 115
Nancy Roussy 96
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 94
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Sandra Investing/HFinance 36
Dianne W - Editor 24
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#353877 - 11/13/07 09:45 AM Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

Loc: England
.....or How I didn't do it, or how I am doing it, or How it's not working, all trials and celebrations covered here in my Book Publisher's Diary/Blog as I approach "Going to Press" with a proper ISBN.(This actually costs real money to do - should I or shouldn't I? Maybe you have some advice?)

Come along with me on my journey of discovery and share in my ups and downs, see what it's like for yourselves, and maybe make a decision or two about "that book" of your own, when you have learned from my mistakes!

[b]The Story So Far.....[/b]

Last year I put together some of my semi-autobiographical Short Stories and Poems under the title of the first story "Dead Nun's Shoes." Among other things they reflect the themes "Growing up Irish in England" and the joys (and pains) and privileges! of a convent-school education. (Sample on my Short Stories Site

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Edited by Short Stories (11/13/07 09:50 AM)

Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Twitter Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Facebook Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to MySpace Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Del.icio.us Digg Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Yahoo My Web Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Google Bookmarks Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Stumbleupon Add Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Reddit
#354021 - 11/14/07 07:37 AM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: inspirangel]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

Dead Nun's Shoes - Short Stories Publication Blog 11/14/2007

OK - I think I'll think I'll start with exploring all the possibilities here on Bella!

1. Life-coaching
We seem to have lots of comraderie and moral support right here in our own community.
I will investigate the Business Coaching site and subscribe!
I notice they have a Shameless Self-promotion day today - I will get over and take a look and maybe just investigate with a view to taking part next week (watch this space!)

2. BeMused (here on Bella)
It's about time I researched this (I have been busy in training) so I might take a looksee and report back here.
I will submit a Short Story as soon as it is up and running.

3. ISBN
Decision - I will do this, but the pages in the shorter self-published books do not always seem like real book paper, same goes for covers, so I need to add more stories to qualify for the next grade up in Book Sample. I will concentrate on this before parting with any (non-existent at the moment!) money.
I might take some Life-coaching too, from Destiny's Door.

4. Starting a new story for the DNS collection. It's about the curious generation gap in the way husbands and wives communicate ... a little old couple set off for church ..... That's as far as I've got, progress report soon .....

Til next time,
Best,

Siobhain
Short Stories

Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Twitter Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Facebook Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to MySpace Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Stumbleupon Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Reddit
#354377 - 11/15/07 03:47 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: inspirangel]
Tami S Offline
Shark

Loc: BC, Canada
Hi Siobhain,

I like the title of your thread. It sets the intention that you ARE GOING TO DO THIS!

I'm just curious, have you considered what you would see as the absolute best possible outcome for submitting your book?

Are you wanting something that produces income quickly or are you willing to go for bigger potential, even if it takes more time?

Sometimes, we need more specifics on what we REALLY want before we can decide the best path to take.

Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Twitter Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Facebook Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to MySpace Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Stumbleupon Add Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It to Reddit
#354394 - 11/15/07 04:37 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: Tami S]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

hi tami - yes - i was going to contact you tomorrow - as you saw I have decided to go for long-term quality with my book esp as its a bit niche market

however theres nothing like a slow trickle of modest earnings to increase motivation - it cheers my family too and shows them the potential

next we need a website,but which one? I also sell lovely collectable books on amazon so maybe i shoulg pull everything together and go with them.

discussing tomorrow!

thanks for input

#354827 - 11/17/07 06:35 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: inspirangel]
Lesley Aeschliman Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Enumclaw, WA, USA
Hi, Ed! The title of thread certainly catches the reader's attention. smile

Good luck with everything that you're doing with your writing. I've recently gotten back into freelance writing again after taking a few years off, and BellaOnline is one the places where I'm working at developing my "brand," if you will.

And thank you for posting at the Anime forum. smile

#354983 - 11/18/07 03:59 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: Tami S]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

Hi Tami - i have been giving this some serious thought - motivation-wise,and family-wise, i think its great to see a few cents trickle in so i will go for sooner rather than later on this one. i somtimes say a little saying.....
some writers want recognition, i just want income! (joke)

i have done loads of website research which i will post here this week. (Yahoo vs Amazon)

#355114 - 11/19/07 10:36 AM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: Lesley Aeschliman]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

And thank You Lesley! for posting on mine!

I wonder if anime illustrations would look good in my book? lol

I started a new story on Sunday afternoon - it just popped into my head unbidden when I was supposed to be cooking the roast! Everything went to pieces and I felt bad, but once i started writing, I couldnt stop!!

Does this happen with illustrating I wonder? or writing anime?

#355186 - 11/19/07 06:51 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: inspirangel]
Tami S Offline
Shark

Loc: BC, Canada
Great!

So, if we honour your intelligence and look at ALL your options... what do you see as the quickest way that will produce income in the near future?

What kind of website research are you doing?

#355245 - 11/20/07 03:43 AM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: Tami S]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

Well, I have realised that I have 6 irons in the fire (talk about multi-tasking!!) I am asking myself if i have the kind of mind that fires on all cylinders at once (which i love, but is slowing down the actual realisation of income - if they all come together at once - it could start trickling in faster this time next year)

So.... I have decided to Focus! - on one iron at a time (so hard for a writer who has 4 books on the go)

Dead Nuns Shoes needs finishing, filling up and polishing before I would be happy to promote it any further. This is my priority. Also, this blog has lots of readers, so that is positive.

My "My Life With Teens - How We Got Through Joyfully" book is writing itself, luckily, on another site, and will be ready to publish at Easter. I am enjoying writing its anecdotes of Goths, Ear Piercings,Hanging Out, Facebook issues etc. I find it quite funny!

My Rainbow-Swept Moorland Wildlife Photo Journal has gone on hold. (apart from weekly nature note scribbles)

"Bruisers" (my pet project)sadly has been put on the back-burner! Although I cant wait to get my hands on it! I know I must finish what i start first.

I will be giving away a copy of Dead Nun's Shoes as a competition prize soon!

Bye for now, and thanks for hanging in with me!

Siobhain

#355559 - 11/21/07 12:33 PM Re: Read My Diary -Dead Nuns Shoes book -How I Did It [Re: inspirangel]
inspirangel Offline
Amoeba

Wednesday 21st November "A Big Thank-you to billiecat!"

OK - I have a great new idea for a story for this collection!

We were discussing on the Stranger Things Happen thread, the book of short stories by talked-about author Michel Faber (not everyone's cup of tea - bit steamy for my liking!)

However there is a great new trend in publishing, particularly among young authors, to write in the style of period writers (ie the sequel to Jane Eyre etc) Fabers writing is a bit like this and he does it very cleverly.

Billiecat has given me this as a great new idea for a story ...... all I need now is a plot!

I will post as an experiment in expanding writing repertoire - watch out for the article ... I will be open to readers taking my story apart and taking on board your comments!

Will post about this story again when I have the plot.

Til then,
Smiles,
Siobhain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
facial hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 07:12 PM
What Part of You Do You Love?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 07:05 PM
Plastic Surgery & Perfection
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 04:32 PM
Caroline Herschel
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:04 PM
In what countries is surrogacy legal?
by stephenoneal28
Adoption
Today at 01:20 PM
Fall Fun Word Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Investing
Today at 12:23 PM
Use Water to reduce wrinkles
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 12:05 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 11:45 AM
Photos to Replicate Paintings
Photography
Today at 10:46 AM
What Yoga did you Do Today?
Yoga
Today at 10:38 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.