Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#343698 09/25/07 12:19 AM
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
All right everyone here is the place where you can post your opinions about the new show Kid Nation.

Did you like it? Why or why not? Is it going to be a big hit for CBS?

Me, I didn't like it. But then again I'm not a big reality show fan. I just don't like the idea of people being exploited to line the pockets of the big networks! And I hate the idea of them using kids! If adults want to, fine they are big enough to make their own decisions, but kids, that's just wrong in my opinion.

Do I feel it will do well in the ratings for CBS? Yes, that seems to be the way we as a public are swaying in our TV viewing preferences.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. What do you think?

Marci Ann Peterson
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I don't care for the so called reality shows like this, how REAL is it that a bunch of CHILDREN are taken to a place like this and left to fend for themselves??

I wouldn't allow my child to participate and I saw the scene where the little 8 year old boy started to cry, my heart ached for him.

To me, Survivor and shows like them are silly to be called reality shows, who does that in reality?

I do watch shows like Gene Simmons Family Jewels, at least they are living their life and not trying to live off the land or something stupid like that.

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I feel the same way about all those reality shows, how real is it, really?

I will admit to watching The Biggest Loser, though my favorite episodes are the filler specials where they tape them at the beginning at the ranch, send everyone home show a little at home and the next week everyone is back for the weigh in and you can really see the difference. Two episodes, complete picture.

My husband and I also watched the first season of The Apprentice, but quit once we saw the first couple episodes of the second season, when more than half the program was in the boardroom instead of being focused around the challenges.

My least favorite part of any reality show is the elimination, I hate that part! I hate all the backbiting and accusing that goes on!

Marci Ann Peterson
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I also liked the Apprentice at first until I saw all the drama and histrionics...the kind of thing that in the real world would get you kicked out the door of any self respecting business.

Sorry if this offends but this so called reality thing, kind of seems tailor made for attention whores (I am not speaking of the children in Kid Nation but probably their parents). Its sad when people USE their children that way. Kids should be allowed to be kids as long as posible.

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Well said!!!

Marci Ann Peterson
Gecko
Gecko
Real? Phooey. The only thing that I saw that could be considered "real" was that poor child crying in misery. I had thought this would be a program where children developed problem solving abilities but was disappointed.

I'm very tired of reality television and excessive blood and guts cop shows with no real story line. Why were there no replacements for Everybody Loves Raymond? It was a huge hit for the network, so why doesn't CBS try to come up with a reasonable facsimile?

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
And with the recent writer's strike, more networks are focusing on the reality shows! Reality shows that I personally don't watch, oh well maybe I will finally find more time to get things done!

Marci Ann Peterson
D
D
Strike is best thing that has happened for me. I've never read so much or explored the net as much as now and I'm glad to break my T.V. addiction

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Good for you! I too am finding myself getting more done and rediscovering things that I love to do but never had the time!

Marci Ann Peterson
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I wouldn't allow my kids to watch Kid Nation and we don't watch reality shows in our home. In fact, we limit the amount of TV we watch. Maybe the writers strike will cause more people to look for other forms of entertainment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.