Next Thread
Print Thread
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
My favorite holiday gift idea can be adapted to any interest and fit into any budget - the gift basket. For cookers and bakers, this sort of gift is a natural. Here's how I do it:

1. Purchase inexpensive baskets at the Dollar Store or with discount coupons at craft stores.
2. Collect specialty items like organic herbs and spices, flavored vinegars and oils, holiday bread or cookie mixes, baking utensils-you name it.
3. Add some handmade recipe cards with your holiday favorites
4. Line the basket with colored tissue paper or clear, colored plastic wrap
5. Put you items inside the wrapping and tie up with a ribbon.

You can also adapt this for coffee or tea lovers, for instance, or make a gift basket for anyone on your list around their special interest.

Give the Gift of Health and Wellness this year!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
This is a wonderful idea I think it will please anyone . It will lower my budget which becomes exhausted since I have a long list to prepare for gifts.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Very nice idea! They also sometimes have very nice bowls or platters at the dollar store that you could use in place of the basket. I buy dollar store plates to use for homemade cookie gifts.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
That's a great idea about getting platters and bowls at the dollar store too. I'll bet you could find lots of cute items there to add to the basket too like cookie cutters or a kitchen gadget.

Shark
Shark
That is a good idea. And for the lazy folks there are some cool gift baskets online. I honestly didn�t know what to get my uncles for the holidays until I was on the 1-800Flowers website looking for flowers for my mom. BEER and CHICKEN. Lol! I feel you can do no wrong giving a man a gift basket like that.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

*~*SwishyKid*~*
Zebra
Zebra
I'm making a Deluxe Gourmet Breakfast Basket for a non-profit association to auction off.

It will have the association's cookbook, pancake & muffin & scone/biscuit & bread mixes, fruit toppings, jams, pure maple syrup, honey, coffee & teas, all packed in an artisan mixing bowl with a whisk tied to the ribbon.

I love making gift baskets! In fact, I think I'll write an article on earning extra money for the holidays by making & selling gift baskets.

Moderated by  Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.