Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#352474 11/05/07 04:20 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What does everyone think of the muscle cars that are coming back? I was a little skeptical at first but I've checked out some pictures of the new dodge challenger and it looks really cool! It looks like the 70s version but updated with a new feel. It will be so crazy to see cars like this on the streets! I'm pretty excited though. I would love to get to drive one!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
The look of the Dodge Charger got me, really. I also liked the Mustang, but I see it so often that it's beginning to sour on me.

The killer muscle car is going to be the re-introduction of the Chevy Camaro. It should be out in late 2008 as a 2009 model. laugh

Last edited by WilliamCharles-Cars; 12/14/07 02:49 AM.

William Charles Vetter
Cars
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'm excited to see the Camaro. That was the car to have when I was younger.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

I have written an article about it that includes pictures that I took at the 2008 San Diego Auto Show.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

William Charles Vetter
Cars
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I drove one of the newer Mustangs and I was not impressed. I am all for newer versions of the old classics coming out. I think though that it lost its essence in reproduction.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Bubbles@NBCSoaps
I drove one of the newer Mustangs and I was not impressed. I am all for newer versions of the old classics coming out. I think though that it lost its essence in reproduction.

My boyfriend said the same thing after he drove it as a rental car. He wasn't a fan of the interior and said it didn't have enough power. Plus, there are so many of them on the streets that it's not special anymore. I'd much rather see the Challenger when I'm out driving. It looks so neat! Dodge auctioned one off on ebay and it sold for $228,143.43!! All the proceeds go to charity and the couple that bought it have a neat story. Here's the link if you're interested: Challenger Winner

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The Dodge Charger has always been my favorite muscle car. I always wanted one when I was younger. I once had a bright red Chevy Baretta GT and it looked like a muscle car but did not pack the power. I liked that car, anyway. It sounded like it had the power, but it just would not give that extra boost when I needed it, not like a Dodge Charger.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Shark
Shark
C
Originally Posted By: Creatively Chel
I'm excited to see the Camaro. That was the car to have when I was younger.

That car is going to be awesome (I think/hope)! I can't wait until it comes out. Unfortunately I have to get a new car before it is introduced and the craze dies down.

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
im not at all pleased with the new "muscle cars".

from the chrysler 300 to the dodge charger to the mustang gt 500 to the soon to be released chevy camaro. theyre old names. but theyre nothing like the old cars. they have a few things in common with the old styles, like a "fast back" and a brick nose, but thats where it ends.

what theyre doing in bringing back the old muscle car "style" is optimizing sales by making todays adults ranging from 40 to 50 years of age want what they used to have. as a kid maybe your dad had a 1969 z28 302 camaro(absolutely fabulous car that i have learned to love through my father, even though i wasn't born yet for this era of cars) or maybe you were old enough to own one when you learned to drive and you miss driving first and second and maybe third generation camaros and chevelles and novas and mustangs.

THOSE cars, those first and second generation beauties knew how to HAUL [censored]. light weight bricks, faces with mean/tough looks, and a sexy fast back. if you want that, go refinish or rebuild one. you can still find them in amazing condition or you can put the money into one and rebuild it. the new "versions" of these cars are fat asses that arent and wont be anything like the originals at heart.

i must say it disgusts me that they give these new cars with new faces old names. youre going to spend 30,40 to 50 thousand dollars, maybe more on a brand new 2009 chevrolet camaro. hell f***ing no.

I'd rather put the time into finding a 1969 z28 camaro in decent condition with the original 302 cubic inch engine and buy it for less than $4,000 max, and rebuild it for even less than what I would pay for a "new muscle car" and enjoy the original.

I can't brain today...
...I have the stupid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Steve - Cars 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.