Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
There you go, Sue. Buy him a room reservation for two at a nice hotel and offer to pay for dinner to make it special for him. Then you will both benefit from the gift and could be special for both of you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
ok Vance, is that what you are getting your wife?

Gecko
Gecko
That's an excellent list wrestlingeditorvance! I love the hotel idea. What about a gift certificate for a baby sitter or petcare? I know that we have to schedule our vacations or nights out according to whether or not we can get someone to take care of the babies!

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: Sue Early Childhood
ok Vance, is that what you are getting your wife?

lol no. I am going to get her some more scrapbook supplies and stuff like that. She loves that stuff. She is big into scrapbooking. I'll also get her a massage seat cushion for her chair, a couple of boxes of chocolate covered cherries, (her favorite)and I will make Christmas dinner so she doesn't have to worry about it and can relax for the day and...scrapbook probably. lol.

A couple of Joyce Meyer books and a couple of other things I haven't quite figured out yet. I will though. lol.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Wow, I can't believe that you have all of those ideas already, my husband usually doesn't know what he's getting me until he's in the store lol.

We are lucky enough to be able to go to his mom's on Christmas Eve and my Mom's on Christmas day, so most of the cooking is on them. I help with set up or clean up, and that's ok with me. cooking is not my favorite thing, and I do it every other day of the year!

I was thinking of getting my husband some dress clothes, he wears the same jacket to weddings and funerals. He's a blue collar guy. Do you think that will be too difficult as long as I have the correct size?

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It shouldn't be as long as you have the correct size plus you know what style he likes (sports jacket, suit jacket, colors, etc...)

Maybe get him a couple of dress shirts and a certificate to the store for a jacket. Suit jackets can be tricky with the way they are cut sometimes. If he is a blue collar guy and doesn't like putting on jackets except for the ocassional special event, you will want to get him one that is comfortable to wear. If you do buy a jacket, make sure they have a return policy just in case.

I think to be safe you need to just have him go and try them on or be fitted for one so that is why a G.C. is sometimes better, that way he can go and try it on and you won't have to worry about returning it.

Jackets come in long, tall, mediums, short, etc....

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
Great ideas, so nice to have a guy helping out sometimes.

My husband always says I'm the one thats hard to shop for, and he's right but I always get it wrong and he ends up taking everything back. My dad and brother are no better every fleece ends up in the basement.

To top it off you make time for your wife to scrapbook...Your wife's a lucky woman....

I am slowly, ever so slowly, designing a company that is will represent a new shopping experience but until then.... here's an idea - check out your local direct sales reps open houses, they usually are offering great deals on their stuff.

Support small business and find something unique. Does your town or city have a really neat street of small businesses with antique shops and trendy furniture? Take a day to stroll through their shops, you'll find something that took more heart then just Wal Mart.

To answer the original question what am I giving everyone.... Well the teachers, friends, and female family are getting Latasia Jewelry. The guys.... gift certificates to Lee Valley Tools. You can't tell me guys don't like to shop, it's like every time they go into Home Depot they are there for hours. I'm the type that goes in gets what they came for and leaves.

Last edited by Carennedy; 11/14/07 12:20 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sue I tried going to your power mall but it didn't work very well I ended up at the recruiting site. Maybe check your link.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Careneddy
On the power mall site, if you click on shop in the right hand corner, you can search the stores available and shop. To earn your own discounts, you would set up your own personal power mall from which to shop, it costs nothing, and you get a rebate check once a month from your purchases. I have saved a lot of money so far on my Christmas Shopping.

Thanks for your gift ideas, and I also think Vance's wife is lucky. lol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.