Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#351957 11/02/07 03:49 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Yes I know, it was just summer, but the holidays are upon us. I would like to make this the place where we discuss holiday ideas with each other.

I would love to know what you guys get for people in your life like bus drivers, banking people, day care providers etc...

I could use some new ideas.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I can't wait to put my little Christmas tree up i love the different color lights, i do that on Thanksgiving day
When do u put your tree up?
I think chocolates are a good gift, when i was a kid it was hankies for the teacher. were going back to the 50s lol

Rosie L
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
My dad still uses hankies and I used to buy the monogrammed ones for him at JJ Newberries for I think a dollar LOL.

I try to start decorating right after Thanksgiving. I am starting my shopping next week. If the weather stays decent we will probably put up the lights next weekend, but not turn them on until the day after thanksgiving. As for the tree, we get a live one so it doesn't go up until 2 weeks before, so it doesn't dry out. I was almost thinking about getting an artificial tree this year, but I know that would be vetoed in my house.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
We decorate on Black Friday. I refuse to shop on that weekend, so it's become a "family down weekend."

I also think chocolates are a decent gift, however, I'd vote for the more delectable variety. The Turtles and Russell Stouffer's are just GROSS-A-ROO!

I think a nice hankie for a man would be nice. Monogrammed. I'm always stumped. Everyone I know has everything they need and I think gift cards are TACKY! So, I'll be following this thread.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
When I need a gift for a man that I don't know very well, I buy those scratch off lottery tickets. I seem to get a good response from giving those.

I don't shop on Black Friday either. Last year I gave my mother in law a list, and since she loves to shop, she picked up my stuff for me LOL - I really can't stand to shop.

J
Koala
Koala
J
For people I don't know, like the newspaper guy, I get gift cards. You can get them now in grocery stores and there's quite a collection of different ones.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Shopping for a man depends on his tastes. For instance, I like video games, DVD's, clothes, gift cards so I can buy what I like,
old television show DVD's (All in the Family, the Fall Guy, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, M*A*S*H, etc...)

Some men will like hankies, electric razors, tools, restaurant or movie theater gift certificates (also a good way to get your man to take you out to dinner and a movie. lol)

Those are things that I can think of off the top of my head. When I think of more, I will post them.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thanks Vance. Those are great ideas. I always have a hard time buying for the men in my life especially the My dad and my Father in law.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Do the men in your life smoke cigars? A nice box of cigars or a monogrammed Zippo lighter, a small, portable humidor

(visit a smoke shop near you for other ideas along these lines. Monogrammed Zippos can be purchased in your local mall at Things Remembered plus you will see other ideas there as well)

Do they drink? A nice bottle of Scotch or Brandy.

A gift basket of flavored coffees, biscottis, teas, etc... most of these already come prepared and start at about 29 dollars.

Sports memorabilia for the sport enthusiast in your home or family.

His very own universal remote control

Do they play poker? A nice set of cards and chips.

Play golf? balls, clubs, tees, a day membership at a golf course.

A room reservation at a nice hotel for him and his wife to get away for a night.

I will be back with more. smile

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I actually copied your post - I am going shopping on Monday. Great Ideas! Thanks.
I think I would like to hotel idea for me and my husband - We definately could use a break!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.