logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#350903 10/29/07 06:17 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Other than sex how can I make my cervix thin out. The doctors want to induce.. as I am at my due date with my third child. But my cervix is not thinning enough. They are afraid if my cervix doesn't thin then I am going to have to have a c-section. With the two kids I already have I can NOT have a c-section! lol. My children are 5 and 3 and just do NOT understand that mommy doesn't feel well. I know the c-section is going to make things miserable. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks much.

Thanks so much,
Becky
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
With my third child I was a week over due. I went in for the stress test and they didn't like the results so they admitted me into the hospital and broke my water. That put me into labor. So, that could be what they will have to do for you. Having a C-Section isn't all that bad. I've had to have three now and one natural. When I have another baby, that will have to be a C-Section as well.

Good luck! Chris

B
B
Well, I think having a c-section IS that bad, especially if it is just because your baby and your body aren't operating on your doctors schedule. I agree, avoid the c-section!!

Why are they so intent on inducing you if you are just at your dates? What happened to letting babies come when ready?:(

Semen has prostaglandins, which is what you need, but so does evening primrose oil (directly on your cervix and internally, swallowed as well). You might want to look into homeopathy as there are "regimens" that promote timely delivery, as they say but don't force anything.

Good luck!
Maryn
Bella Online Pregnancy Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Your doctor can strip your membranes. I don't necessarily recommend it - it can cause complications. But it can be done.

Last edited by Bubbles@NBCSoaps; 10/30/07 04:36 PM.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

S
OP Offline
S
Oh the doc DID strip my membranes and it hurt like h..e...you get the picture! lol And I am STILL hurting he did that last friday and it is now tuesday. He wants to induce me because the baby is so big. She is already over 8 pounds. Risks to me and to her. I have had cervical cancer and had several laser surgeries to remove the cells so we are concerned that the surgery is the reason my cervix isn't cooperating. But as of about 5 minutes ago I can say that I have lost my mucous plug so something is happening in a positive direction. I just hope she waits til after trick or treating! lol. Thanks for all the advice.

Thanks so much,
Becky
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Becky,

Given your complications, there may be things that only a doctor can manage, but my understanding is that it is VERY normal for the cervix not to efface until you are in active labor. I swear, I feel like doctors will use anything to try to get women on that pitocin drip or on the C-section table.

If you lost your mucous plug, then your cervix seems to be doing its thing. Just try to relax. If your cervix doesn't do its job during the labor, you'll have plenty of time to notice and change plans to a C. And doctors don't know squat about sizing babies in utero. They are often a pound or more off. And I know several women who have delivered babies more than 10 pounds naturally, and they are not large women. The only way to size a pelvis is to have a baby come out of it (or not, as the case may be). Most women are sized correctly for the babies they grow. And in any case, it's easy to change to the C *during* labor, but once you do it, you can't go back to natural!

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
S
OP Offline
S
Hey everyone. The doc did try to induce me on monday... the 5th with no luck. I have been stripped now 6 times! NOT fun. And the doc is pretty sure that my cervix is scarred and that is the reason it is not opening. Yet he can't be 100% sure. I contracted every 3 minutes for almost 11 hours and still only at 2 cm. So he is going to break my water on the 12th and see if my cervix will open up. If not we are having a c-section. I am to the point now where I don't care HOW she comes I just want her to come! lol The contractions and the cramps are really getting to me. My emotions are so off course I just want to cry all the time. But I can't just cry because my other two kids would not understand. They would think there is something wrong. I'm beginning to be discouraged and am very disappointed. Thank you all so much for the answers and the advice. I will try to update you when I get the chance. Again thank you all SO much.

Thanks so much,
Becky

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.