Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#351032 10/30/07 09:06 AM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
what made you see a doctor to find out you had diabetes?? Or was it discovered during a routine checkup

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
well i have taken a glucostolerince test every 3 to 6 month from the time i was 3 til i was diagnosed with it. at 14...

but the symtoms are sleepiness excessive thirst, have to pee alot day and night, shakes when you done eat, nasous and flu like symtoms, mood swings....

I had a friend that was 8 when she past out into a coma in pe because of high levels and those where the things that i can remember her having. now she is 25 and married with 2 kids!

Also the same for adults with type two....

"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Freeb, what is considered a high number on a blood glucose monitor? what do you look for high blood sugar or low??? which is worse?

Rosie L
J
J
We have a family history of diabetes. Mine was found during a physical for my job.

Last edited by Jaide - Paranormal Editor; 10/30/07 11:55 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I found out I was diabetic on accident. I was going to see the doctor for something else completely different. I was diagnosed with severe IBS. I had blood work drawn up to test EVERYTHING. I was tested for celiac disease (which I have a mild form of), crohn's, to see how my kidneys and liver were functioning. My A1C1 test was a 7.6 (it should be lower then 6) and my glucose levels have been around 132 for the last 3 to 4 months according to this new test they have out. Your fasting blood sugar should be 90 or below but not lower then 70, and 2 to 3 hours after you eat a meal it should be 180 or lower. This is like the "standard numbers". Your doc may tell you differently. I monitored myself for a week without my diabetic pills. No matter what I ate, my sugar would be 190 to 245 after meals. Now on my medication, after meals is between 110 to 190. If I eat too much pasta or bread with a meal, it can get over 200. The best site I have been to for information on diabetes is the American Diabetes AssociationBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Koala
Koala
Low bs is worst because it can kill you very quickly but it is easyest to fix because you just eat something sweet and problem solved!

you look for high blood sugar in an undiagnosed person because they either quit making the insulin (type one) or be come immuned to it (type two). so the bs will normaly be high.

anything over 140 on a fasting(before you eat) is conctered borderline or pre diabeties. but from my POV that is like saying your borderline pregnant! your a diabetic your just not on meds... type one is USUALY never in this stage. they will most always be off the charts high becuase there is no warning like a family history. with that said my father was a diebetic and died when I was five he was a type one so they tested me often so they could get it earily... type one does not normaly run in families but in mine it does... me my father and his father and his fathers mother had dropsy with is now called deibeties.

"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all of you, for the info yous provided.

Rosie L
Koala
Koala
your welcome!! I looked at the clock and saw that I was late for work and got to thinking "did I finish what i was saying and post that or did i just post it?" I hate that feeling.

Moderated by  C. Kimura 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:28 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.