Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#350915 10/29/07 07:27 PM
H
OP Offline
H
what is everyone's fave Hitchcock movie? Mine is The Birds, and I am so unhappy they are doing a remake!!

Heidi Martinuzzi
Mystery Movies

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Heidi, I like The Birds too! Do you know who they are casting in the new movie and when it will be released? I don't think they can top the original. It will be interesting to see though.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I love just about everything he did. I saw the Birds when I was a child and was mortified for years of birds. Awesome movie.

I really like Rebecca I think it was called. If I remember correctly the original had Sir Laurence Olivier in it from 1940.

I would love to have every movie he made on DVD.

Rebecca and The Birds are great! I also love 'Marnie'. It has Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery in it. North by Northwest is a good one, too. And Psycho! It is too hard to pick a fave from AH.

Tiger
Tiger
LOL. Mine is The Birds too. I also like:

Psycho with Anthony Perkins
Vertigo with Jimmy Stewart
The Trouble with Harry with Shirley MacLaine

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
The Birds!

To be honest, though, I haven't seen many others.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
The Birds!!! I cannot be at Busch Gardens or anywhere people are feeding birds and they congregate........!!!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That one where Jimmy Stewart sat in his window with binoculars spying on all the neighbors. What was the name of that movie?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
That was Rear Window. I love Jimmy Stewart! Hitchcock too. I guess my favorite is Psycho.

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Rear Window! That's right, now I remember. That was a great movie, very tense.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
My all time favorite is North by Nortwest with Cary Grant. Vertigo and Psycho are other great flicks. Psycho still scare me to this day!

I was never big on The Birds and every once in awhile someone in my building feeds the seagulls in the backyard. There are birds flying around everywhere! Reminds me of the movie...*shivers*

Did you know that he made a cameo appearance in most of his movies?

Gecko
Gecko
My favorite Hitchcock film would be Psycho or Rear Window. But I also enjoyed Rope and The Man Who Knew Too Much (because I'm a Doris Day fan wink ) Honestly, I love all his films. He is one of my favorite directors.

Last edited by Heather - Chinese Culture; 03/04/08 08:55 PM.

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
Amoeba
Amoeba
I love Rear Window. That was so intense I loved it. I thought Birds was a funny movie, sorry I don't know why. You should also check out his television show. There are some good stories too.

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Yeah I love Rear Window too though it always seemed to me a bit silly that none of the people in the story drew their curtains except the villain and the "lovebirds".

Last edited by Gillian - Classical Music; 01/06/09 06:11 PM.
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I've only seen two...Birds and Psycho. Loved 'em. They really scared me as a kid.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I'm just coming on deck as editor of mysterymovies. Love to talk Hitchcock. I'm a psychologist and have theories about most of them. Right now, I'm struggling to get a picture on my profile and I love your pic with the dog.

Later.
Mysteryshrink.com

Barbara DeShong,Ph.D.
MysteryShrink.com
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I love Hitchcock. I haven't seen his movies in years, but when I was growing up, in the 60's, I watched all of his movies religiously. My favorite to was The Birds and Psycho, however I enjoyed every single one.

Sandy.

my blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Hi,
I'm the new BellaOnline mystery movies editor and I'm answering messages. I love Hitchcock too and agree on the very good televsion series. My sister and I watched them together and scared ourselves to death. Also with the Twilight Zone. I still skip over a Twilight Zone re-run if it's near sleepy time.
I'm a psychologist and a mystery writer from Texas.

Barbara DeShong,Ph.D.
MysteryShrink.com
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Hi,
I'm the new editor on mystery movies. I know, the "windows" of importance seemed very large, too. You can see in Rear Window, how mysteries were switching from a "stage" format to realism.
Ever see Frenzy?

Barbara DeShong,Ph.D.
MysteryShrink.com
M
M
I would like to record the following salient features which in my humble opinion makes it the best Hitchcock movie: 1. The Nordic beauty Ingrid Bergman appears in a very unusual role as a psychiatrist, she looks as attractive wearing spectacles than other lesser actresses look without spectacles. 2. Handsome hunk Gregory Peck is also in an equally unusual role as an amnesiac doctor. 3. The flowering of the romance between the amnesiac patient and the psychiatrist is depicted in the most elegant fashion. 4. The skiing scene in the movie is perhaps one of the first such scenes to be shown on the silver screen, and needless to add, is breathtaking. 5. The surrealistic interventions at the instance of Salvador Dali make it stand heads and shoulders above any other suspense movie. 6. The scene where Ingrid Bergman melts into the arms of Gregory Peck repeating " It's nothing to do with love, nothing at all", is my favorite romantic scene from a movie. 7. The twist in the tale provided at the end in trademark Hitchcock fashion, is really the fitting climax of the movie. Overall, I rate it as the best and greatest Hitchcock movie for its seductive blending of romance, suspense and psychiatry. [url=http://www.flashpapers.com]Term Papers[/url]

Last edited by mickhel; 03/15/10 02:41 AM.
My favorite Hitchcock movie hands down is the birds. I watched this movie as a child and was terrified of birds into my adulthood. Psycho is a good one but I don't think anything can top the sheer terror that the birds delivers.

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

Be Protected... Get Educated... Stay ALIVE!

"In order to succeed, simply act as though it is impossible to fail."
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
My favorite Hitchcock movie is Rope. This movie seems to be just one shot running 80 minutes; actually, there are 10 shots, arranged so they appear to be one. (At the other extreme, Hitchcock's The Birds has 1360 edits.) Rope concerns two university students who strangle a third student, stuff his body into a cedar chest, then use the chest as the buffet at a party.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I watch this movie in my childhood also.

N
N
The Birds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Grace - Mystery Movies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.