Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
OP Offline
A
Hello,
as the new philosoohy editor I thought I would hit the ground running in forum-land with this topic. I would love to hear some of your thoughts and perceptions on the symbol of Tree of Life vs. The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I was discussing the topic with a friend who shared with me her view that these symbols are historically accurate, conveying a literal event in time. I on the other hand expressed the idea that they are metaphoric and meant to convey a deeper level of understanding.
I would love to hear any and all views on the matter or anything else of interest.

Love, Light, and Blessings
Andrea Gardiner
Philosophy
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
Hi,
From my perspective, the Tree of Life is the continuing Life of those who have been rooted in the firm belief and understanding of God. They are, the living representatives of a living God.
The Tree of Knowlege of Good & Evil represents the fall of Man. Those who wrote the biblical story of God, had to have had some first hand understanding, of the separation of God and man,themselves.
The Wholeness or Oneness of God, implies no separate Consciousness from Himself or His Creation.
The separation will always come from man, when forgets his Godly connection. In that moment of lack, or thinking he knows better, or wants more, man forgets, his connection to the All, and falls into the separation and duality of the mind.
The true understanding of Gods Oneness, cant be experienced in duality. Hence the fall from Grace. Grace being a state of Oneness with God.
What has come from the fall of Man, is the salvation and Resurrection given with the coming of the Christ.
Christ being mans salvation, in that His Love of all mankind denotes the Oneness of the Heart of God, where no duality is ever implied. Instead a triplicity is seen. The three persons as One God.

Koala
Koala
Hi and Welcome to the boards!!!

I think the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil was or is a real tree. the tree of life is a metiphor for God and His people... God is the tree we are the branches.

sorry I dont have anything to back that up just me! lol

as for the symbols...I have not seen them....

H
Shark
Shark
H
Or shall we say- God is the root?

Koala
Koala
that works for me too!!

A
OP Offline
A
Hello freebubbles3,
Thank you for the welcome. Don't be sorry for you insight, you don't need evidence for that!
I've been loving the responses.

Andrea Gardiner
Philosophy
Koala
Koala
me too it is kinda interesting how people look at it a different way and take it in other directions....

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
That is very interesting. I never thought of them as metaphors but I suppose they could be. Then again is the Garden of Eden a metaphor or was it real? I think that was real because it's location is described in the Bible.

How about these for metaphors? Did Jesus actually make a physically blind man see or is it a metaphor for being blind to the goodness that is God and Jesus and could only see worldly stuff?

Did He heal a leper or was the man just not complete before knowing Jesus?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
M
Shark
Shark
M
Vance, I think the answer is "both."

My take on the knowledge tree, is that we can't understand the bigger picture. We have the "vibe" and a bit of comprehension, but not enough understanding to keep us out of trouble.

Instinct and feeling, is possibly where we were meant to dwell. Cause, thinking (generally) is not a human attribute.

A
OP Offline
A
Hello guys,
I'm back...still getting used to arranging the schedule so that I can make posts regularly...bear with me.
Vance, those are actually very interesting ways to look at it. I think MomsPaula hit the nail on the head when she said that the answer is "both". What I would like to add to that is that the answer could also be more. For instance, Jesus healing the blind could also be interpreted not as him actually performing the healing, but rather him causing the man to acknowledge his own "wholeness". Notice when Jesus heals he does not remark on his ability to perform the miracle but rather he commands the individual to demonstrate their well-being.
Also MomsPaula, your take on the "Tree" is interesting. It seems as though your sentiment on man's inability to use their brains where it really matters is shared by many. I wanted to ask in regards to your comment, what do you see as the bigger picture and "who" then should keep us since we have a tendency to get into trouble?
Great Responses

Andrea Gardiner
Philosophy
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.