logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jody M Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Adoptees: Be A Voice for the Unborn, Share Your Story in November-Adoption Awareness Month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We adoptees carry within us a most precious but often hidden message of life and adoption. Many of us were conceived in an unplanned or crisis pregnancy resulting in our adoption. Adoptees born before January 22,1973, when the history making Roe vs Wade decision legalizing abortion was handed down, were protected by the laws of our land. Life was the only legal choice before 1973 and any woman in the United States who conceived a child was legally bound to bring the child to term and parent or place the child for adoption. How fortunate we were to be born at a time when a conceived child was considered valuable, cherished and sacred, never to be disposed of or erased like a mere pencil mark or blemish! And many of us were the answers to the prayers of our adoptive parents to have a child to love. How can we then say thank you and show our sincere gratitude?
Thousands of babies conceived today and millions since 1973 have not had the same privilege of being given the gift of life and/or adoption that we were given, nor can their voices in the womb be heard. Adoptees can advocate for the unborn. Our most powerful voices can gracefully share our life testimonies for all to hear. No, we do not need to hold up grotesque pictures of aborted fetuses nor should we argue or shout angry words against abortion. This only agitates and angers those who are blind or naive to the truth of the awesome gift of life. But we can pray that our precious lives, and testimonies make a bold proclamation. We can be a wonderful witness to the world that we embrace life and celebrate it and desire that the unborn have the same privileges we were given. By reaching out in this way we not only show our gratitude for life to God, our Creator, but also honor our birth parents and adoptive parents as well.

Moses, the most recognized adoptee and leader in the Bible gave the people of his day an invitation to choose life. May we adoptees today follow in his footsteps and share this message to all those around us.

�Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!" Deuteronomy 30:19

Copyright Jody Moreen, adoptee 2007
Editor Adoption Blessings Journal

I would love to hear how you shared your adoption story/testimony in November with other verbally or in writing. Or how you got the word out about adoption in November? Ideas for sharing adoption in November can be found on their day to day Calendar atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jody Moreen,adoptee
Adoptees Cafe Devotions
Adopteescafe.blogspot.com
Adoptee Phone Mentor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I was born in 1967 to a girl who was 17 at the time. She was from a small town in Nebraska with parents who did not want the community to know of their disgrace. When they first found out she was pregnant, they scheduled her for an illegal abortion with the man in the area who did this often for the girls who got in trouble. My birth Mother refused and threatened to run away. This man during the time he gave illegal abortions, rendered many women sterile, unable to carry a pregnancy because of his butchery.

Her parents ended up sending my birth Mother away to San Diego to live with her brother who was based there with the Navy. She gave birth to me there and the doctor knew of a couple who wanted to adopt a child. He made the call and that is how my parents were notified about me.

My parents were from Texas so only a day after being released from the hospital, I was taken home to Texas to join a family that already had two older children.

I am a BIG believer in adoption as a solution to an unwanted pregnancy. Think about the difference, yes an abortion and its over quickly but only a couple more months and a cherished life can be brought into this world and from what the medical profession says, a normal pregnancy is lower risk then a first trimester abortion. That baby can be placed with one of the MANY families who for whatever reason can't have their own children and change their lives for the better.

Giving life to a child is worth the few extra months. Giving a barren couple the chance to have the family they have always wanted is worth the time.

Jody M Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thank you Lisa for your most beautiful story! How wonderful that you were given the gift of life. I hope you will share your story to many especially in November, Adoption Awareness month. Your story may inspire someone and shed a light on the beauty of life and adoption as opposed to abortion.
Blessings to you!
Jody Moreen, Editor, Adoption Blessings Journal

Jody Moreen,adoptee
Adoptees Cafe Devotions
Adopteescafe.blogspot.com
Adoptee Phone Mentor
M
M
Thank you so much for your touching post. It was amazing. I am the adoptive mother to seven children. I will for sure be posting for the day in my blog. Could I share your post?

www.yestheimine.blogspot.com

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.