logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am not familiar with that, CDM. I measure progress by comparing today to the day before. When I had surgery, I hurt so much for days that I thought I was never going to feel better. One day I realized that I felt a little better and I stayed there for a few days and then I realized I felt a lot better. A few days later, I realized I only had a little bit of pain and I realized that I REALLY was getting better. smile

Progress is slow and sometimes it seems like there is none happening. But if you make daily comparisons, you see that there IS SOME improvement. At least that is what I found when I had my surgery, and sure enough, I DID get well. wink

It is interesting how someone visiting with news, like your housemaid, can affect a person's mood, isn't it? It gives us something to look forward to, doesn't it? I am the same way when my neighbor calls me with news. laugh

I will be away for most of next week but I'll be thinking of ya'll. wink Have a great weekend! smile

Trish

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
Wolf
Thanks Trish.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
WOW! It's been a year and a half since we added to this thread but some of these ideas are TERRIFIC! I have learned alot in the last 1 and 1/2 years and I would have to say that smiling is the first thing that I do to get into a more positive mood. I still enjoy driving around with a smile and giving BIG SMILES away to perfect strangers! It still amazes me how quickly something as simple as a smile can help make another person's day brighter! laugh

Then I force myself to get up and get busy... busy doing almost anything that makes me feel like I accomplished something. Like NIKE's slogan was... JUST DO IT. wink

I LOVE to go listen to birds and surprisingly, I heard a few singing today! It made me feel like it was spring rather than autumn. Anything that brings me close to nature always puts me in a more positive mood. smile

Trish

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
The quickest lift for me is beautiful music smile

Gecko
Gecko
Loud music and usually if I am angry, I clean something aggressively! LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Think of an appreciation and go for a bike ride!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I love to do a few yoga moves, or jazz music. Since the weather is nice in Florida right now, I love taking evening walks after work.

V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Power walking and spending time outdoors in nature!

H
Koala
Koala
H
This is a really good thread! smile

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: JewelryMall
I used to be very moody .. so I came up with alot of ways to have my mood be what I want it to be.

Here are several ways I have used to change my mood:

1) Put on favorite music. (It helps if you notice which music makes you "happy" when you ARE feeling well so you know before hand which music "lifts" you up)

2) Try to help someone else (when helping someone else, often the mood softens)

3) Smile (often this is enough to change the sourness)

4) Clean house (getting rid of clutter seems to help - as well as giving a feeling of accomplishment)

5) Walk outside - move around and breathe. Try to notice the birds, flowers, animals or people around you. If you can't get outside, exercise for a few minutes inside.

6) Meditate or Contemplate.

7) Make a list of 30 things you are thankful for

8) Forgive yourself and the person that caused the mood

9) Make sure you have eaten properly recently, if you haven't eat something healthy for you. This may include B vitamins as they are stress reducers.

10) Call a good friend

I am loving this list!!!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.