logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#348692 10/19/07 11:45 PM
OP Offline
Hello and MM all!
I am currently looking for pretty much anything I can get my hands on on the topics of raising children as Pagans. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look?
Thanks a million in advance!
Corrin

Love and Learning
Corrin

"Friends may come and go, but you are stuck with family forever"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Amazon.com
hopefully this link works, i did it by searching for "pagan parenting": http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-7658992-2190554?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pagan+parenting&Go.x=6&Go.y=21&Go=Go

I would also try out local groups and ask advice there too...I found quite a few local groups both in NH and SC through witchvox and yahoo groups.

see also paganparenting.com

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
Koala
Koala
for cheaper books alibris.com is a great site...

I am starting to sound like an infomersal or spam because i think I have posted about this site a couple of times in other places but....trust me It is a great site and I am not impressed by many sites!!!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Also in case amazon (or even shopping online!) isn't your thing, see what your local bookseller can get it in for, just write down the ISBN # (aka social security codes for books) and take it to whomever is your fave.

Wendy Lee
Houseplants Editor
Click here to read the story of our foster dog, Colbert.
Koala
Koala
mmm I didnt know you could do this!!! thanks for the info!!!

OP Offline
Thank you for the links :-)
Is there anyone out there who is raising children as pagans. I have a few books... but it is nice to be able to talk to others about personal experiences and such :-)

Love and Learning
Corrin

"Friends may come and go, but you are stuck with family forever"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am raising my kids Pagan and Buddhist. I teach them what I know about all religions though and do not hold them back from asking to attend services from other religions. Actually, I have objected once to my son who is 7 to go to church with one of his friends. He said he wanted to go because "they get to go play in the gym and play video games. That is why I want to go with him." *Rolls eyes*

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Koala
Koala
Yeah I would have stoped my invisable kids from going too! religion and church should not be about entertainment! but any more the churches are more and more like concerts and gyms so...
*WHATEVER*

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By: freebubbles3
Yeah I would have stoped my invisable kids from going too! religion and church should not be about entertainment! but any more the churches are more and more like concerts and gyms so...
*WHATEVER*

I'm not so sure I completely agree with this. Why isn't church about celebration? Isn't that really what the basis of what going to church (for those that do) really about? Celebrating what God/dess has given us?

Video games and such are pushing it, I think. I can't really think of anyway to spirtualize that, especially in a place where people are supposed to be celebrating their spirituality... But the bands, concerts, etc..., I tend to think they are great. Why not use music and dance to connect with the Divine?

#356442 11/27/07 03:51 AM
D
D
MM all

I am raising my 2 boys in an eclectic mix of sorts. My oldest ds is 6 for now next week 7 and is autistic. For him, because of the autism we have found that a druidic/Sioux combo works for him. He enjoys the fact that he can "talk" to everything around him. He listens to the wind for a call from Mother Earth. etc My youngest son is still too young to help him decide so he participates in my rituals which are more of a Native American mix of ideology. I do not stop them from attending other churches though I will agree with Jeannette about the vid games. One Church we attended the kids were fostered off to a nursery and didn't even realize that it was a church just a playland. I can respect they want to keep children occupied but no matter the religion can you not incorporate children into the lessons?? That is my beliefs though and I know everyone is different. BTW, we are also a homeschooling family. So we are definitely going against the grain in this household. lol

BB MP MM again to all,
Di

Love Light and Blessings to all. Let's raise awareness for a cure for autism and all other childhood issues. They are not necessary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.