Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
They tell us that the right side of our brain governs creativity and artistic skills, and that the left side governs logic and analysis.

If you're very artistic, you might expect your right brain to be dominant, while scientists and mathematicians might have left brain dominance.

Here's a very cool little test to try out. Does the dancer spin clockwise or anti-clockwise?

My husband and I were looking at this at the same time and got opposite results, and we also both managed to see her switch from clockwise to anti-clockwise (or vice versa).

What do you see?

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
That was weird - when I first looked at her she was turning clockwise, but when I started reading the words to the left, she reversed her direction - this happened several times.

H
Koala
Koala
H
That is really cool. And without meaning too, while the program paused while the page was loading up, it switched on me without my trying. Then i tried deliberately to get it to switch and i couldn't for a while... i still can't make it switch reliably. laugh

Oh by the way... musical ability is the exception... it is a LEFT brain function (mathmatical), not a right brain function.

Koala
Koala
WOW I looked and she was going clockwise but my husband saw counter clock wise then we read the words at the side and it switched for us both but either one of us could make her switch or saw the same way at the same time!!!!

WEIRD!!!

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm a left-handed writer, so yea, I've always known myself to be right brained. (Most lefties are right brained, for those of you who don't know.)

I still clicked the link, though, out of curiosity. At first I did see her going clockwise, but I was able to switch back and forth at will with only a couple seconds of concentration. For those of you who are having trouble switching, try focusing on the foot that stays at the center.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Koala
Koala
I did that I think it has something to do with what foot you see her standing on but I cant switch her at will.....

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That WAS really weird but super cool, too! At first I saw her dancing clockwise but when I started looking at the words, I saw her change directions,too, just like you did, Sue. It had something to do with the feet, freebubbles, just like you said too. When you look at the bottom of the dancer's picture, notice how the shadow from the feet quickly brings your attention to the left corner then the right corner, but only for an instant. While not looking at the dancer straight on, but rather with your peripherial vision as you're reading, depending on which shadow you see first when you then glance at the dancer, will determine which way she is dancing.

I actually played with the shadows and had her dancing left and right and left, instead of going in circles, by letting my eyes dance between the words and the dancer with each shadow. THAT was really cool.

Thanks, elle! That was fun!!

Trish

E
elle Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
E
Glad you guys had fun with that. Hubby and I also noticed that focusing on the feet could make her change direction. Also, in certain frames where she is facing towards or away from you, if you don't look at the feet and hands, she appears to be either/both facing forward and backward (ie, depending on whether you can visualise the leg crossing over or under the other, or can visualise the back of her hair being her face, when you "know" it is the other way round.)

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
I may be dumb...but I don't get it.
First she's using her left leg to spin, and then her right.

It's freaking me out!
LOL

View my store @ BigBeautifulButterfly.
She's making me dizzy.

LOL

Thanks for sharing this! Too cool!

View my store @ BigBeautifulButterfly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.