Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
I am scheduled in two weeks for these - I will be knocked out - I am terrified!
How has this been for any of you that have taken this?
Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I am having these things done next week as well (same day even, I think). I am curious about what to expect afterward - any bleeding and cramping? What's normal? Right now I'm planning to possibly take the day afterward off work, too - anyone know if that will be necessary?

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi tb:

I will write to you here as well since we are talking about this in the other thread -

The list my doctor gave me said that there will be bleeding and cramping. Hopefully it won't be as much bleeding as a period. You do have to keep an eye on it in case of hemorrhaging - but that is rare. A rare chance of infection so watch for a fever.

They say no lifting afterwards, and just to have liquids until your evening meal. No driving, working, housework, etc for 24 hours since we will be knocked out. I am taking Thurs - Sun as a four day relaxation weekend.

I believe Nov 1 will be a good day for us - a safe hospital experience with results that will help us!!

Gecko
Gecko
Hey BC,

I got the same list today at the doc. No aspirin, no driving, etc. although she said they will discuss how far "under" they're putting me on that day - I say the more OUT the better!

My husband is planning both days off work to be with me, which is really nice of him. He's kind of freaked out about this whole thing anyway.

Happy thoughts... happy thoughts...

(I did get a bonus today - with the pre-surgery blood work, they are also running my routine thyroid test for my regular doctor so I don't have to go in for another blood draw!)

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:

I am glad your husband is so good. Mine too. He is worried. I am more worried about the procedure than the results!

Are you confident in your doctor? I like mine; sometimes he is arogant though. I do believe he will do a good job.

Did they also tell you to only eat liquids until the evening meal?

Gecko
Gecko
I have this weird thing about male docs - I have to have women. But I love them! I found a practice with 2 or 3 women drs on staff (plus 3 or 4 men), plus nurse-practitioners and midwives. They have all been great, at all three of their offices. I haven't experienced any arrogance from them at all, mostly they are all very friendly and soothing.

She didn't say anything about liquids afterward, but they are supposed to go over more of the anasthetic stuff on the actual day. We'll discuss if I will be fully out or in a semi-twilight sleep (fully out please).

I had my gall bladder out last year and I remember not even wanting to eat afterward anyway. I told DH we'll make sure to have plenty of chicken broth and saltines and 7Up. Mostly after that surgery, I slept for pretty much 48 hrs straight. I'm looking forward to more quality sleep this time, too wink

Last edited by Tbunny; 10/26/07 03:21 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
BillieCat - how are you doing? I started having heavy bleeding yesterday and overnight it got worse. I talked to my dr. office today and they told me to rest, take ibuprofin, drink liquids, and if it gets much heavier, to go to the ER. They want me to avoid that if possible since I'm already scheduled on Thursday. Assuming I don't go in today, I am supposed to call them tomorrow.

Have you had any change in bleeding since this whole procedure started? I had been having light spotting until a few days ago, and now this. I have to say, it makes me a little nervous.

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:

Are you any better?
I haven't had anything done yet, unlike you who had the office biopsy. Last week I just had a pelvic exam and a bloodtest on Friday.
When I go in on Thursday, that will be my only procedure.
I guess your biopsy last week has made you bleed? I really hope you are better today - let me know.

Gecko
Gecko
Hey BC,

I am better today - thanks for asking! When I called my doctor this morning, they said they didn't need to see me as long as the bleeding wasn't worse (it wasn't).

I'm sure all the poking around they did stirred things up. And then my activity level last week didn't help - I had a couple very long and strenuous days, then cleaned cages at the animal shelter Sat. morning and had a social function Sat. night.

I am better today - yesterday I took it easy and today I stayed home from work. I plan to go back tomorrow and Wednesday but to limit my running to the copier as much as possible. Maybe even only work a partial day.

I will be glad after this procedure is over! Whew!

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:

Yes you should really relax. I also run around and lift things too much and try to do everything, but you really have to take a break.
Especially after Thursday, they do suggest to just relax for four days. I hope you do that!
I am feeling less anxious about Thursday. I just had a panic attack this morning - and I was concerned that you had a lot of bleeding. I am more concerned about the procedure than the result!
I really hope they find an answer for me because I do have "strange" feelings in that area and I want it taken care of.
If it is a polyp, he can take it out. If it is pre-cancer hyperplasia or hormonal changes, that can be treated with progesterone - have you taking progesterone?
If it is nothing, then I will have to get a colonoscopy, etc. At least I had bleeding so that symptom lead me to a uterine problem. It is nice to know...

Anyway, I am really happy you are better!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.