Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I have had severe year-round environmental allergies for decades. In all my visits to the doctor, no one ever told me that the foods I was eating might be making me more vulnerable to environmental allergies. Several years ago, a friend with both environmental and food allergies recommended that I have a blood test for food intolerances/sensitivities. It revealed a number of foods that my body didn't like and were weakening my immune system. Once I eliminated those foods my environmental allergies diminished by 80 percent. Now I am able to pretty much get by without allergy medication except during the peak allergy season. If you've tried everything else to lessen severe environmental allergy problems, I would highly recommend exploring the food allergy connection.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I had severe food and seasonal allergies for many decades. When I was told by an endocrinologist to go on a low-carbohydrate diet, all of my food allergies disappeared and my seasonal allergies are manageable without prescription medications.

It seems that my allegies to wheat, corn, citrus and many other foods were really an interaction of several different foods. And since those "big three" were not in my diet any longer, I became allergy-free.

Since carbohydrates are inflammatory, my severe arthritis eased up so much that I rarely have to take any meds for that.

Three cheers for low-carbing!!!
Carleen...

A
A
i know a lot of people having pollen allergies, and they use air purifiers to purify the air indoor.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
If you have a really strong immune system, allergies won't bother you as much, Sheree, so probably by eliminating the foods you were allergic too, it allowed your immune system to grow stronger and fight off the rest of your allergies.

the past few years I've really been focusing on keeping my immune system strong and 90% of my allergies have disappeared as well.

I started taking anti-inflammatory herbs like turmeric and quercetin and these helped not only my allergies but my joints as well.

It's amazing how one thing affects the other when it comes to your body. If you focus on total body wellness, it will improve any conditions you might have.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I've read about the "allergic load" -- the total amount of allergens that you are being exposed to at a given time. I also had a blood test for food allergies and found that I am allergic to chi cken, among other foods. Chicken doesn't bother me most of the time. But when the privet blooms and the next door neighbor is mowing the grass and pine tree pollen is everywhere, I know I'd better forego the chicken! It will just make the symptoms more intense by adding to my allergic load.

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.