Print Thread
#347810 10/14/07 06:53 PM
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
One idea I had this year for Halloween is to be a tacky christmas tree. I went to a thrift store and bought a hideous green oversized dress. Its sooo tacky and ugly... lol but Im not sure how to make it really look like a tree. I have plenty of christmas decorations that I can use but what Im having a problem with is finding a way to make the dress itself look like the shape of a tree... and then what to do with my neck up (how do I make my head/neck a part of it too) I cant think of anything?? any suggestions?

and if not, is there any other costume that you can think of that I can make out of a really tacky oversized green dress?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
What if you got hoops of plastic of differing circumferances (that's probably spelled wrong, oh well), and attached them to the inside of the dress with the biggest at the bottom, smallest at the top - so the dress stands out like a tree.

Then for your head, get some bright yellow felt and make a star to go around your face, or even just get a halo from an angel costume - and be the angel on top of the tree?

And just get lots of those little mini ornaments and hot glue them all over the dress.

If you do this, you have to put a picture up for us all to see!!!!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
E
Koala
Koala
E
Yup, Michelle wrote what I was going to suggest.

You could use wire hoops instead, depending on what is cheaper. Maybe sew or glue some velcro tabs on the inside of the dress where you want the hoops and hold the hoop in place with the other velcro strip on top. Then tie ribbons loosely around the dress between each hoop, so that the dress is pulled back in after each out hoop - that will give you a zig zag look. You can drape fat tinsel around the "tree" too.

I like Michelle's idea of the angel at the top of the tree - to make it really funny, you could stick wings to the back of your neck and little angel legs and arms under your chin.

An alternative with the green dress is "Princess Fiona" from Shrek. You could pretend you were half-way between changing from human Fiona to ogre Fiona. Make little cone-shaped ears from green paper and stick them on a head-band. Paint your arms and face with green face paint.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
What about buying a hideous hat and putting a star on top of it. that could be your tree topper and then make earings out of Christmas bulbs.

My daughter is going as a Girl Pirate. I had my old English riding boots so she is going to wear those as shoes. We have a custome place near by that had a nice selection of customes at a reasonable price.

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Those are great ideas guys!!! Im gonna do the Christmas tree thing and Ill definitely post some pics when its finished!!! Gotta run - have a great day ladies!

E
Koala
Koala
E
Ooh, yes, do post some pics!

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.