logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
I wanted to take a quick moment to say - hi! I'm Michelle Mangio, and I'm the new Australia Editor for BellaOnline.

Rather than make a full introduction (you can check out my bio page or my webapge - I thought I'd start off by asking: How many of you have been to Australia? How many times, and when did you go? If you've never been, are you planning to go soon, or are you just dreaming of a possible future trip?

Michelle Mangio
Australia Editor
Not your average Travel Agent
Magical Escapes - "Escape from Ordinary"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Hello Michelle,

Welcome to BellaOnline. I spent a few months in Australia during a 6-month honeymoon many years ago. Travelling on a budget had us sticking close to the east coast. I'd love to go back (and will one day soon) and see more of this vast and beautiful continent. Hmmm... maybe a year-long anniversary holiday is in order!

Cheers,
Megan

E
Koala
Koala
E
Welcome to BellaOnline Michelle!

I live in Australia. smile

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I would LOVE to visit Austrailia and New Zealand while I am there. With the cost of the airfare, it makes sense to go and stay longer rather then just being there for a week.

I am taking nursing in school and look forward to being able to be a traveling nurse, I had thought about looking into 6 months contract in Austrailia, that would give me plenty of time too look around.

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I've been to Sydney several times and have driven up the Coast as far as Brisbane. I would definitely visit again. It's a beautiful continent with amazing people. Do it. But the flight can be a killer. 14-15 hours from LAX. A little faster on the way back.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I know it's difficult for Melbourne to compete with Sydney - Sydney has the sights but I think Melbourne has the food and the shopping - so don't overlook us. My favourite part of Australia is far north Queensland - Port Douglas is just gorgeous.

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
Deborah, the next time I get to Australia I will definitely see Melbourne.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Very pleased to hear it...and we do have some sights - not the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Botany Bay BUT we do have some fabulous strips of restaurants and shops - Acland St, St Kilda established by Polish (I think)Jews in the 40s and 50s - cake shops, cafes and my favourite restaurant, Cicciolina's.
Lygon Street established by the Italians - pasta, great coffee and fresh produce....Victoria Street, Abbotsford - the Vietnamese - all their delicious food - Lonsdale st - Greek food & Chinatown. I could go on and on....we do have other things besides food by the way! My summary is a little one sided!

E
Koala
Koala
E
Melbourne and the surrounds have plenty to rival Sydney. How about the Great Ocean Road, the Otways, the Dandenongs (okay, so Sydney has the Blue Mountains...), the MCG (where you can choose between cricket, its original purpose, or Aussie Rules football, or soccer, or rugby (league or union), or the occasional Commonwealth athletic game), the Australian Open tennis at Rod Laver, the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Albert Park.

We may not have the Harbour Bridge, but we make up for that with two elegant bridges: The Bolte and the Westgate. We don't have the Opera House but we do have Rialto Towers and the new Eureka Tower, either of which offer great panoramic views of the city. We have a bigger bay too - Port Philip, with some lovely beaches and nice little bay towns to stop at for a coffee.

And great food, as Deborah said. Approximately 1 restaurant to every 30 people resident here!

We're closer to Tasmania, too, which is a wonderful place for a holiday. You could combine the two.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
O.K. you have me sold !! Lol. Thank you for the tips. I will definitely look into Melbourne. By the way, how is Ayers Rock and Perth? I know there is a transcontinental railroad too, featured on a Great Railways segment. I'd like to make it up North too.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.