logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#320749 06/09/07 01:52 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi Everyone, Has anyone been brave enough to try acupuncture? I had it done in NC after 18 monthes of physical therapy and shots not working for a hamstring injury. It worked after the first treatment and I was hooked. Now I live in OHIO and finally found an acupuncturist here. I went today for tennis elbow and it worked. Try it for everything. The needles are not thick, you barely feel it. Insurance companies wont cover it. They dont make any money since its natural/alternative........but do it anyway. I did!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
healthy1 #320815 06/09/07 01:18 PM
T
Tef Offline
T
Healthy1 -

That is the main disadvantage of acupuncture - it is still not a recognized modality of treatment by insurance companies. More the pity, because it has helped so many people tremendously.

Just the other day, a friend of mine at work was suffering from a nasty "middleshmerz". Someone at the main desk nearby overheard her, and happened to be skilled at acupressure. She told her a certain pressure point to squeeze IN HER HAND, and she made her pain disappear 100%!!! Whenever she relieved the pressure, the pain returned.

She was wow'ed out, and so were those of us witnessing it. I believe that not only does acupuncture/pressure have merit, but I think they are totally underutilized and underexplored in our Western medicine societies.

Last edited by Tef; 06/09/07 01:19 PM.
Tef #320948 06/10/07 09:15 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
My daughter had a stone bruise on her food from playing softball and was in extreme pain. An acupuncturist took away the pain in one treatment. She's used it since for wrist pain.

I've tried acupressure too with some success.

Tef #321065 06/10/07 11:35 PM
H
OP Offline
H
:)I forgot to mention.........the dr. in NC that I went to for Acupuncture gave up his medical practice of 15 yrs to learn Acupuncture after having it done on himself for a back injury. He went total Acupuncture when he realized how it helped his back so quickly. Now he practices Acupuncture and Herbs. yeah!!
He had told me to only go to one with the MD along with the acupuncturist license. That way they know both sides. Hard to find but I found one. I also go to massage therapy but it does not fix my tennis elbow altogether, only temporary. BUT I still love it.

healthy1 #321108 06/11/07 05:18 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
In about 2 weeks I will try it wink I will tell you the results

PlusDrugStore-With us buying drugs online is 100% safe and secure|Women's Health Drugs

NYDAz #322542 06/16/07 12:15 AM
H
OP Offline
H
what is the reason you are going to try it? illness? injury? Make sure it is not a young, new acupuncturist. Make sure it is one with experience. Please think positive and be relaxed. It is just an awesome treatment without a pill. Good Luck and let us know the results......

healthy1 #346898 10/09/07 06:21 PM
M
M
Hi I can't say enough about the wonders of acupuncture. I was severely injured in a car wreck in 1993. I had spinal fusion, but they were not able to save some of the nerves and there was some spinal involvement. TO make a very long story short, after many surgeries, a spinal cord implant, meds and finally an argument with my pain managment Dr over a morphine pump, I went back to acupuncture. I had 4 treatments and there is a noticable difference. I only had one day I couldn't get out of bed. I am hooked. The Dr also practices allopathic medicine, but most of his practice is his native Chinese medicine. He said i will always need narcotics for pain control, but the acupunture can help the nerve pain.
The problem is the cost. Medicare does not cover it and my secondary health plan only covers a small amount; I am thankful they cover anything!
Don't be afraid to try it, there is very little pain involved, and if the needle does hurt, the pain goes away quickly,

Thanks...

Kitty

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.