#346532 10/08/07 11:39 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I started to think about this after I had writen the review of BROKEN by William Cope Moyers. Do you feel the need to remain anonymous in your recovery? Why? For whom? I don't believe there is a wrong answer. I am not anonymous for me but for my family who might be "judged" in a real world. Sometimes that is quite annoying. I am who I am! I am very interested in your responses. Please comment!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I am at a point in my recovery that I dont feel the need to be anonymous any more. I am more than interested in sharing what Ive been thru on my journey to recovery. I am also very much interested in how others have handled their recovery! Please share!

Sierra69 #346807 10/09/07 11:01 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Thanks, Sierra. I have decided not to post any new forum for a few days because I would really love if some of you would add to this whole "anonymity" question. Maybe some of you have had bad experiences by not being anonymous. Please share. Remember there isn't a wrong answer but whatever you can write might be very helpful to that newcomer who is still in fear and wrestling with their powerlessness! Blessings to all.

S
S
When I first got clean and sober, I hated everything and everyone including myself. I didnt want to see anyone but my sponser,{who is now my husband}. I felt so unexceptable that I rarely left the house. That was 2yrs ago. I devoted that 2yrs to recreating myself, and I have just recently started to feel strong enough to relate to the world. I can certainly understand why people new to recovery want to remain anonymous. Its because of those feelings of being un-acceptable. Recovery is a commitment that one makes to themselves and their higher power, then to their sponser. Every Day! This daily commitment is a must! As always, Sierra69

Sierra69 #346984 10/10/07 10:24 AM
S
S
I believe that addiction, no matter what its too, is truly a gift from Hell. It is impartial, and always leads to Jails, Institutions, and Death. The desire to change must be stronger than the desire to use. This is why a daily commitment to staying clean and sober is so important. If sincere, it will give you the strength to overcome Hell.

Sierra69 #346998 10/10/07 11:17 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Thanks again, Sierra. I know there are more recovering women out there than you & me, wouldn't you think? Anyway, I'm still waiting to here what some of you think about anonymity. How does it work in your recovery? If you decide not to remain anonymous, who do you decide to tell and why?

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Tomorrow we are having dinner with folks we have not seen for a number of years. They only know me as a party girl so the evening should be interesting. They will ask why I'm not drinking. My husband and the woman worked together for many years and have many of the same business associates. Her husband can be a gossip. My recovery could be big news to him. I'm not sure if I should say anything or not. I do have to remember that this isn't all about me and my husband may not want them to know. Don't know yet what I will do? Based on the info I have given you, what would you do?

S
S
I would tell them, if they ask, Im not drinking any more and let it go at that. If they are not close freinds, your recovery is none of their business. If they are not coming to your home and your husband would rather avoid the issue stay home. If you must be there change the conversation subject as necessary to avoid the issue, and keep to the business at hand.

Sierra69 #347232 10/11/07 01:31 PM
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"My husband and the woman worked together for many years"

I take it they don't know he is "recovered" either?

FrankJBN #347253 10/11/07 02:46 PM
S
S
Dont say anything you dont want the rest of the world to know. You did not indicate the nature of the visit so I am a little unsure of what to say!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.