Sierra69 #347255 10/11/07 03:11 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
In answer to both Frank and Sierra..our "social" lives changed in the past few years for many reasons, not necessarily negative. So, the old "friends" have no clue there is/was any type of recovery going on with us. We will not be entertaining at our home and I have a clue this couple may actually know I'm in the program but not ask. They had a wine party a couple of years ago and only me and a pregnant girl didn't drink. It did not go unnoticed but no one made a big deal out of it either. Anyway, it is true that if I don't want the rest of the world to know, I shouldn't say a thing. No one in the past has required an explanation. I'm not uncomfortable with this at all. Just kind of throwing the anonymity question out there. Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Cool! Its great to know that there are others out there!

Sierra69 #347436 10/12/07 11:35 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I am going to keep this forum open in the hope that some of you viewing will add to it. Anonymity is important in different ways to all of us. And with that let me add that I am not all that conscious about anonymity as it might sound but I think this is reflective of how society deals with different addictions. After a hundred years of smoking, I celebrated 9 mos. smoke free on Oct. 11. I would have been comfortable shouting from the rooftops. Hmmm? What about sobriety dates? Doubt it.

Last edited by Kathy - 12 Step Recovery; 10/12/07 11:37 AM.
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
if anyone had followed this last week, I mentioned I was having dinner with friends who were part of my drinking years but that I had not seen in a while. Of course, I do not drink. Was it noticed? Yes it was and the female of the couple said, "you stopped drinking a number of years ago, didn't you?" I replied, yes I did and I stopped smoking, too. End of conversation.

In other words, for the most part if you really feel it is important to be anonymous, even for that one time, say only what is required of you and that's that!

I'm hoping some of you will continue with your own stories of anonymity.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.