logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Website Review -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Am going to have a rant here - not about the store, but about plus size bras in general

I just bought a bra that claimed to be 26DD (Aussie sizing) which is about 42 or 46DD (was imported from the US).

All I can say - if that's a DD cup, then there are a lot of people who are bigger than they think they are!

Just to check - i tried on my other DD cup bras - not a problem! But this one, when I put the cup inside one of these, it was definitely smaller.

This isn't the first time that I;ve had bra problems. I'm sick and tired of these bigger size bras that are just small sized scaled up, with absolutely no thought of the extra things taht are needed - like wider and firmer straps, and usually a fuller cup covering.

I've even just been exasperated by an ad in a magazine from Aussie manufacturer Triumph touting their bigger bras. Oh yes. Up to F cup - but only up to a size 16 (or 20 at the most!).

Ok - Rant over!

Megan McConnell
Gecko
Gecko
I have the same frustration trying to find a bra that fits. I'm also a DD. I find a style that fits great, etc. and when I go to buy a second or third bra in the same style/size, it's made completely differently! Infuriating!! That was the reason I stopped buying Vic. Secret bras years ago - they must have changed mfr's because even though the style looked the same on the hanger, the fit was completely different (and lousy). And I have NEVER found a sports bra that fit worth a darn either.

I just donated at least a dozen brand-new, never-worn, tags-still-on bras to Goodwill because they didn't fit and I didn't bother to return them. Why do I keep these things and think one day, they'll just magically fit?

M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Tbunny
Why do I keep these things and think one day, they'll just magically fit?

I have this problem not just with bras, although I've had pretty good luck with bras lately, but with pants or shirts. I still have a pair of jeans I bought in the early 90s with the tags on them in a size 11. Pathetic I know but it could happen. Maybe in my senior years. smile

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Oh, I remember the problems so well - I struggled with E cup breasts from age 12 - I had back and neck problems for years - not to mention the frustration of finding comfortable, supportive and nice looking bra's. Also, finding suitable clothing when you're big on top and a normal size from the waist down - dresses were very difficult. I discovered in my early 30s that V neck tops are the most flattering.
I finally took the plunge in my late 30s and had a breast reduction - I almost jumped on the operating table!

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.