logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#346164 10/06/07 06:27 AM
A
OP Offline
A
How important is the first day of school in shaping our lives?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I think it's more important for us than for our kids-lol. My daughter cried the first day of kindergarten and it was very hard on me but she doesn't even remember it now and it was only a year ago! She ended up loving her teacher and loving school and she still feels that way.

I think the parents attitude toward school and toward the child makes more of an impact than the first day of school all by itself.

Stacy

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I do not remember anything about that day. In my case it probably means that it was a good day because the majority of my childhood memories is filled with stress, bad luck and many other negative things (i do have a few good memories but they are all tainted).

K
BelleOnline Editor
BelleOnline Editor
K
I don't think in the grand scheme of things that it really matters all that much. There may be certain things that stick out about that day, but I think unless something really memorable happened it doesn't too much impact the rest of your life.

Katrina Simmons
Cosmetics Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I still can remember the first day of my school. The first person sat beside me started to make face and pinching. I was shocked as I had a strong expectation. But later on she became my best friend.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't remember any of my first days of school. I think it all depends on what happens on that day vs it just being that day. If something really memorable happens, you probably remember it. But if that memorable thing happened on another day, you'd remember it. I think, as other says, that the parents remember it more because it's a big separation for them.

If anything, I remember my first day of orientation for going back to college as a middle-age adult. I had to have my boyfriend with me as I was so nervous. I remember him being there for me.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Nina-AALit 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.