Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Shark
Shark
H
Our body must be affecting our thoughts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
It does sometimes, yes. I've been trembling lately. For me, that's a sign. But where does it start? With thoughts that cause a biochemical reaction, or the other way around? I don't know.

But i think i have better hope of training my mind and getting better results than trying to change the chemistry in my body. For the body, good food, enough nutrients, and good sleep help and i eat fairly well, could do better, but much better than most. But i can't do much about sleep. And vitamins only seem to help me if i'm way, way off.

So that leaves thoughts. I try to remind myself to chill out and i try to distract myself when my thoughts start brooding on hurt or injustice or tragedy. But that's hard. It's like a sore in the mouth. Your tongue keeps going back to it and won't leave it alone.

H
Shark
Shark
H
Most of the times our priorities are not right. That causes stress and body reactions.

Zebra
Zebra
I often hear people saying that they want to be a better person, or that they want to improve themselves. Sometimes these people are in pretty low, dark and lonely places.
Offering these people solutions, signposts or ways to improve themselves, can be daunting and challenging, and it can be frightening for those people to see how much effort they think they're going to have to make, to become the people they want to be, to reach their ideal.

But here's the thing.

They don't need to do anything.
They don't need to strive, or to reach anywhere.
there IS no goal.

because the people they are, are already the perfect ones they strive to be.

It's not a question of not caring any more, or not trying.
It's a question of acceptance.

Because if you believe you have to work on yourself, if you believe you must change certain parts of yourself, or that you need to adopt new ideals, ideas, rules, notions or perceptions of yourself -
- Then you don't think NOW, that you are the wonderful perfect, precious unique Being you actually ALREADY are.

You do not accept yourself.
And if these are your criteria, then no matter what you do, no matter what work you put in, no matter how hard you try - you never will.

Based on the above premises, you will never reach a point where you will look in the mirror and say - "that's it! You are just the way I want you to be!"

But you CAN do that right now.
You can accept and Love yourself unconditionally, and say:
It stops here.
I don't have anything to improve, anything to better, anything to strive for. I am an absolutely perfect, flawless gem, exactly as I am, Right now.

And the rest will, I promise you, follow, just as a wake must follow a ship.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I just remembered i have a book called, "Do One Thing Different," by Bill O'Hanlon. (I confess i didn't get around to finishing it). But it's premise is that if you can find a tipping point, you can work on changing one small thing and it will have a cascade effect. Looking at the chapter titles, i think the author is very practical. For example:

---What You Focus on Expands: Shifting Attention

---Rewriting Life Stories: Changing Problem Beliefs into Solution-Oriented Ideas

---The Codependent Cinderella Who Loves a Man Who Hates Women Too Much: Solution-Oriented Relationships

I should get back to reading that book.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Sounds like a great book! I think if we try to do one thing differently and focus on one thing at a time, it's much easier to succeed and you don't get overwhelmed by a "total make-over"

H
Koala
Koala
H
My "one thing" right now is to try to get regular with my hours so that hopefully it reduces my stress.

For everyone:

What one thing are you doing or wish to be changing?

H
Shark
Shark
H
I want to-

Set definite targets and meet them without any excuse.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I wish you luck.

Zebra
Zebra
The other factor to consider is that the possibility exists that "we" are trying to tackle this from the wrong direction.
That is to say, we feel that we are a stasis, looking outwards, and seeking different external avenues to follow, to improve what we perceive are either deficiencies or flaws within our psyche make-up.
The point might be to start from within; that is, to perceive the already perfect inner nature we possess, and then examine outside ways to clarify and indicate other methods of thinking.....We must first of all recognise and accept the Natural Great perfection that we already are, and only then, absorb the opinions and means of others, to enhance and glorify the present ideal.

Last edited by Alexandra; 10/29/07 06:00 AM.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.