Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
I am really new to this but I bought some kefir grains to make some milk beer. So, far they are growing.

I seen some places (not here in the US) are selling it as milk beer. I thought that was pretty cool.

I did a little post on my blog about it and put a picture of what it looks like just incase any of you would be interested in seeing it.

It's posted here
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I know this is not the same thing, Dora, but I thought it interesting that different varieties of "milk beer" are entering the beer market. I had posted this in my newsletter, but thought it might also be of interest to those who don't receive it:

Abashiri Beer Brewery in Nakashibetsu, Hokkaido, Japan is producing a low-malt beer made with milk, developed to help use up surplus milk in the Japanese market. Sale of the new product began in February, 2007. Milk makes up one-third of the contents and necessitates the careful control of temperature throughout the boil. When yeast and hops are added, the drink mimics the appearance and aroma of tea with milk. After fermentation is complete, it takes on the hazy, amber look of a dark wheat beer, with mild fruity flavors.

The new phrase, "I'm not getting drunk, I'm fighting off osteoporosis by building strong bones and teeth," has a catchy sound to it...

Have you had any responses to your recipe request?

Carolyn, Beer & Brewing Editor
The Beer Fox

Beer and Brewing Website
Beer & Brewing Forums

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Carolyn,
I like that article. Most people when they think Milk beer they tend to think of the two mixed together and can't think that it would taste good.
With Kefir it's just the process of it fermenting just like anything else. I love them as smoothies myself (and sour dough bread, and cheese, and so on and so on..lol..) I can't say I drink it to get drunk of course but I love one each and very morning just because I know how good it is for you.
Have you ever made Ginger Beer with a Ginger Beer plant? I haven't yet but I ordered one to give it a try.
Oh, as far as e-mails on the request of recipes I can't say I have had a bunch. So, my kids and I got in the kitchen and started playing (hints all the odd ball stuff on my blog with Kefir this last month..hee..hee..)

Well I am going to go read some more of these post.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.