#341879 09/18/07 01:37 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
I have no idea where that saying came from. I only thought of using it today because it reminded me that no matter how old we are, no matter how long we had been fighting addiction, any time we enter recovery is better than no time. And meetings? It is ideal to get to a meeting early but isn't any part of a meeting better than none? We say the Lord's Prayer at the end of all of our meetings and the saying is you are NOT late until you have missed the Lord's Prayer! I ask that you pledge with me today not to think about the time we don't have but to do out best with the time we do have. So what if we are late?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
I got sober at 39. Had a miscarriage at 43. Had my first child at 44. Got married at 45.

Amen - better late than never.

I used to get irritated by people showing up late to meetings, more irritated when they apologized for being late.

Then I tried taking a two year old to meetings.

Humility.

S
S
Hello Kathy, Sierra69 back from a longer break than expected. My husband is retiring from a long career with the USAF next spring. We are preparing to travel and explore our wonderful USA. In july I celebrated My 2yr anniversary of clean and sober and turned 51 in august. Amen - better late than never! It has taken Me a long time to become open enough to express my thoughts and feelings, especialy on line. Recovery has taken Me places I never thought I would go, and the pain of lonliness has at times been overwhelming. I have endured and learned alot and will gladly share with anyone who so desires. Thank You for being with Me as I am still new to this. Hope to share with you soon- Sierra69

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Thank you Laura for all of your comments throughout this forum. And, Sierra, how wonderful for you to be able to live life and see the country clean and sober. I wish I had been able to have more years as a sober woman but that wasn't to be until I could admit my alcoholism. I sometimes wonder, had I done this when I was 30 or even 40, would I have made it? But that's that past and today is today and I am grateful for it.

Stay involved in this forum. It is so very helpful to other women who are out there.

S
S
Hello All, I have often wondered how My life would be if I had cleaned up my act when I was in my 30s or even 40. Maybe I would not have married Bill. I thank my higher power every day for what I have and for the clean time that I have, and no its not easy. I will stay involved in this forum because I want to help others be clean and sober, and help them realise the many blessings in our lives. As Always, Sierra69

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.