Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#343563 09/24/07 04:32 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
The season premiere of Heroes airs tonight! (9pm on NBC) Is anyone else as excited as I am?

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/24/07 04:35 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm all set and primed to watch it. And luckily there is nothing else on that I want to watch at that hour.

The 7-8pm block I'm not so lucky. I've got Prison Break, Chuck, and Big Bang Theory. Prison Break is going to win out, but I really wanted to watch the other 2 shows. Might have to shell out for a DVR or do some online searching at tv links.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343594 09/24/07 05:02 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Heroes is definitely my all time favorite show. It has surpassed Dead Like Me and a few others to take over the all-important number one slot. Is there any villain greater than Sylar?

Ok, you might have a few suggestions as the Comics Editor. smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
lol I might be able to name a few. Niska from Firefly comes to mind. smile But Sylar is great, he is very twisted. I'm hoping he lies low for awhile though and we get to see some new villains this season. Ones with powers. A lot of new people have joined the cast.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343605 09/24/07 05:14 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hee! I hope so, too. I'm SO EXCITED about David Anders (Sark from Alias) joining the cast. He is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. I won't give away who he is playing yet if you like to remain unspoilered.

Last year we went to Vegas just to meet George Takei at a Star Trek Convention. We paid too much money for the photo op but it was totally worth it. He was a riot. They told us we would only have about five seconds with George, but he seemed to like Tony a lot so we ended up chatting with him for a couple of minutes. One of my favorite vacation moments ever!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Comics_Editor #343607 09/24/07 05:15 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have to agree that Niska rates pretty high on the evil scale. *shuddering as I remember the ear*

I'm concerned that the Heroes cast might get too big, though. It will be harder to keep up with all of the characters and make it more difficult for new audience members to catch on and keep watching. Basically, my fear is that an over-sized cast might lessen the show's long term rating strength.

On the other hand, the Soap Opera fans of the world are used to large casts that are not all given screen time in each episode. Perhaps there lies a new demographic to hook into Heroes!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV
Last year we went to Vegas just to meet George Takei at a Star Trek Convention. We paid too much money for the photo op but it was totally worth it. He was a riot. They told us we would only have about five seconds with George, but he seemed to like Tony a lot so we ended up chatting with him for a couple of minutes. One of my favorite vacation moments ever!

Rampant jealousy!!!

M.B. #343612 09/24/07 05:20 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I know who "Sark" is going to play and that boggles my mind. I'm deftly interested to see how that pans out. A totally unexpected casting choice for that role.

And I like the big rotating cast feel of Heroes. It might have to do with my comics background, but it reminds me of the X-men and stuff. The team is constantly changing so you get to see new reactions, backgrounds, situations, etc. As long as they never get rid of Claire and Hiro, I'm happy. smile

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343615 09/24/07 05:24 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hi myrabeth! *waves* Glad you're here!

I'm just glad that the people they've been adding to the cast are full of awesomeness. The comics

They can NEVER get rid of Claire or Hiro. Or HRG. Or Sylar. Or Peter. Or Mohinder. Or Parkman. But Nathan, they can definitely get rid of him. wink

Ok, cliche question but here goes: if you could have any of the Heroes' power, which would you choose? I vacillate between reading minds and time travel.

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/24/07 05:25 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Comics_Editor #343617 09/24/07 05:30 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Ditto on Clare and Hiro. I couldn't watch without them. As for the X-Men connection, with Stan Lee and his Marvel cohorts having a hand in the show, and a definite X-Men style premise to the show, I think that's why my fiance started watching Heroes to start with! Oddly enough, I know a very hardcore X-Men fan who hasn't even given Heroes a chance.

Anywho, I'm stoked about tonight. The phone ringers are being turned off, popcorn is going to be popped, etc. Yea, we're overly excited fans... grin

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Which power would I choose? Definitely Hiro's power of teleportation. What else could possibly be more fun?

M.B. #343621 09/24/07 05:33 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I swore up and down I wasn't going to take on another show when Heroes started, but I am SO GLAD I didn't listen to myself. We do the exact same thing when Heroes is on! We don't answer the phone, unless we know for a fact that it's another Heroes fan calling during a commercial to OMGOMGOMGOMG about something that happened. Hee!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Which power to have? Well the obvious answer is the ability to copy everyone else's power.lol However, if I was the only person with powers, it would be a toughy, but I think I'd go time travel. I have no qualms about changing the past to make a better future for me.:)

And Mohinder can go, never got really into him, nor Niki. I am kinda partial to Peter and Matt though.

And HRG was awesome in the episode when he protects and sends Claire away. That was a fantastic episode.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343631 09/24/07 05:44 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
The characterization of HRG was one of the best in television history. He was so (seemingly) deplorable in the beginning, and then he turned into someone you love so much, you'd give him a kidney if he needed it. And the change was incredibly seamless, you barely noticed. Just one day, BOOM, you're walking around in an I HEART HRG t-shirt. Heh.

Yes, Niki, they can definitely get rid of her. I just don't care about her, and her power doesn't seem to quite fit in with the rest. But not Micah. They can't get rid of him. He's interesting.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
M.B. #343739 09/25/07 07:55 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
The new season of Heros is starting out to be as good as last seasons! It will be interesting to see what the new characters bring and how long it takes Clare to do something to put the cheerleaders at her new school in their place!

joanj #343907 09/25/07 07:24 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I love this show, too!!!

As for powers, I'd definitely choose Claire's. How cool would it be to be indestructible!!!

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Welcome, joanj!

Last night's episode was better than I expected. Love the new characters. Usually I'm not a fan of a revolving door of characters, but it works on Heroes, unlike on Lost, where it just annoys me.

What was up with Nathan's face in the mirror? Tony thought it might have something to do with the virus Mohinder was talking about in his lecture. And who pushed George Takei off the roof? He'd better not be dead!!!!!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
At first I thought it was Peter, since he was around Niki, I thought maybe they did a dual personality thing when Peter died. But then we saw Peter at the end. So there went that idea.lol So no idea what was up with the reflection.

It was a good episode and set up some good things for the rest of the season. I do think that Matt needs to put his foot down with Molly. That is one primadonna little girl. And maybe, just maybe Mohinder might be interesting this season. Let's see if he can manage not to botch things up. HRG was great in the copy store. I kinda felt the leg breaking scene with Claire was a bit unrealistic. And now she has her own super stalker. What's with the Honduran siblings? And is Hiro going to be Tenzo or inspire the Brit? And maybe it was Nathan that killed Hiro's dad since he can fly, or maybe Claire's super stalker?

That's what I like about Heroes, tons of answers to look toward to. And you know they will get answered, unlike Lost that just seems to like to string you along. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Lost. smile

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343971 09/26/07 12:27 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I bet you're right about the virus with Nathan in the mirror.

I think Hiro has screwed up the future and that's why his dad died. Because he stopped his hero from being a hero when he went back in time. Now he's got to fix it.

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Yeah, Hiro has some serious work to do. Bets on how long before he hooks up with the swordsmith's daughter?

The whole idea of Hiro's hero turning out to be a fraud is SO brilliant.

HRG in the copy store was excellent! That boss of his was so Office Space.

Also, Nathan's beard? Whoa.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
From what I have been told about this show, I think I am going to love it. I am downloading the first two seasons over the internet so I can watch it all in order. I think my daughter will like it as well. We love sci fi type shows where people have powers, like the 4400.

Lisa_Orlando #344268 09/27/07 07:28 AM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Welcome, Lisa! It's great to have you here!

Heroes will be your cup of tea - totally! I can't wait to hear what you think when you see it! smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Here's a link to my latest article:

Heroes - Secrets and Predictions

Add your own thoughts here in the Heroes thread! smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Whoa. Think Claire is related to Kensei? I do!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I was wondering that as well. Some distant ancestor. Theres seems to be a finite number of powers available though. So it could be totally random. It was a cool episode and I can't wait to see more of Peter at work, and to see what's in the box. What's funny is Prison Break ended with a "what's in the box" mystery too.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #345602 10/03/07 04:47 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
As did Alias (sort of)! The box seems to be popular, huh!?!

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 10/03/07 04:47 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am halfway through the first season and I absolutely LOVE this show. I also like watching it one episode after another. The file I downloaded is from a High definition channel and is crystal, no commercials so each episode is just a little over 40 minutes. I have been watching 2-3 at a time.

I have to say I LOVE watching it this way, I don't have to wait until next week to find out what is going on.

This show is incredible and I am literally on the edge of my seat during every episode. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I just watched the episode where they saved Claire from that FREAK and at the last of the episode the Haitian guy got Syler. I will be interested to see what happens.

OF course I feel so badly for that guy that is the cop and can read his wifes thoughts, there wasn't anything about him in this last episode.

Did anyone notice how when Hiro is speaking Japanese in this one his voice is really hi pitched then when Hiro came back (from the future) to Peter on the subway he had a lower voice?

Lisa_Orlando #346380 10/07/07 03:52 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I'm so glad you love the show, Lisa! I agree - watching a series in succession like that, with no commercials - it's the best!

I want to say things - lots of things - about your thoughts on the show so far, because you are picking up on some of the best moments - but I don't want to give anything away! smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am SO loving seeing people I recognize from other shows. I almost screamed when Hiro's Dad turned out to be Sulu from Star Trek AND that guy that can make himself invisible was the Doctor Who from before Tennent.

I am also DYING to see what happens with Claire, she spoke with her Mother on the phone the last I saw. I can't wait to watch the next episode.

I am of course worried to death about Peter. I feel badly for the guy who is the cop who got suspended for 6 months.

In the beginning I thought the guy with glasses, Claires Dad (isn't he the actor who played Macgyver years ago?) was the bad guy, I of course figured out the really bad guy is Sylar. I am curious about who is the one pulling the strings behind it all, the one that Claires Dad and the Haitian work for.

BUT DON'T TELL ME. I will probably watch a couple episodes tonight.

Lisa_Orlando #347120 10/10/07 11:38 PM
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am at the end of the first season where they time traveled forward 5 years, the bomb went off and Nathan has been replaced by Sylar who looks just like Nathan.

The whole ceremony in remembrance of the dead of the explosion, the monument and the attitude about it reminds me of 911. The way Sylar is playing Nathan reminds me of a combination of George Bush and Guiliani. They both have used 911 to bolster their image as the savior of the US and New York.

Of course the way they are treating the people with abilities reminds me of the way some are treated in the US now as a result of 911. This show is making a powerful statement politically.

Lisa_Orlando #347530 10/12/07 08:35 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Lisa, I am really enjoying your posts in response to Heroes! smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Nathan wins the election because Micah talks to the voting machines...sounds an awful lot like how Bush won the election by the electoral college rather then the popular vote.

Lisa_Orlando #352625 11/06/07 02:10 AM
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I am still loving this show. They are showing the reruns on G4 on Directv so I am now watching the 2nd season on TV rather then on my computer. I have my DVR set up to record all the episodes, both new and re-runs.

On the one I watched tonight, Claire put that nasty cheerleader in her place. Her boyfriend helped her freak her out but then of course her stunt called attention to them.

I have never seen a program where I look forward to the next episode as much as I do this one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.