Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Kelly76 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We're expecting our second child in March and are stumped for a girl's name. We're not finding out the gender this time. We have our boy's name picked out...Deacon Joseph. Our first son's name is Sawyer David. I don't like unisex names or ones that are overly popular/trendy. I tend to like older, very feminine girl names. Just a few on our list are: Eliza, Lydia, Stella, Lilia. Ava was also on our list, but is becoming too popular in my opinion. I want to use Jane as the MN, b/c that was my mom's name. Any new suggestions?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I named my daughter Diane Elisabeth Shannon (yes two middle names, just like me). I wanted a name that she would not run into, so far there hasn't been ONE Diane in her school but I also wanted a name people had heard of.

We have of course run into adults with this name but no children.

Lisa isn't my real name, my real name is imposible to spell and something my Mother got from a Movie, I have always HATED having a "unique" name, one no one could spell.

I love names that speak of our heritage so I also added Shannon because my daughter and I are Irish extraction.

If I ever had another daughter, I wanted to name her Katherine, there are so many ways to shorten that name and so much history attached to it, although I probably would have gone with Catherine instead. I always liked how they would call people with that name Cat for short.

I also love the name Fiona and Felicity. When I was naming a new cat recently, I found some realy cool websites with baby names on them, you can choose to look up names with an Irish background or whatever your background is.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Well my name is very old fashioned. I was named after my great grandmother who's full name was Matrona Jeanette, her sisters called her Mattie. My grandmother had a sister named Antalee. I so wanted to name my daughter that but I got voted out lol my daughter is Aubrey Leno (pronounced Leeno) Michele. I found out after she was born that Aubrey is actually a Gaelic boys name. I loved the name Isabelle or Isabella when I was pregnant. For awhile we were going to name her Isabelle Evangaline, sounded old fashioned. I like the name Trinity for some reason too. Keep us posted!

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Gecko
Gecko
I love the name Tabitha - not sure how well it goes with Jane or your last name though. I also like the name Destiny.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Feminine and old-fashioned? How about...

Adela/Adelina
Arabella
Audra/Audria
Aurelia
Aurora
Carmella
Claudette/Claudine
Colette
Cordelia
Delia
Dorothea
Estelle
Felice/Felicia (piggybacking on Lisa's suggestion of Felicity)
Iona/Ione
Magnolia ("Maggie" for short)
Nicola
Odessa
Odette
Oriana
Rosalia/Rosaline
Sonja
Suzette
Tessa
Yvette/Ivette

I'm not sure if all of these are on the right track, though -- the example names you gave seem a bit more streamlined.

Could you give us some more of the names already on your list? That might help us come up with suggestions that are more tailored to your taste.

Last edited by Nancy R Callahan; 09/22/07 04:47 PM.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I always liked Elizabeth. This way, you can call her Liz, Lizzy, Beth, LizBeth...

I like Megan too.

K
Kelly76 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Eliza (my fave at this point), Lydia, Stella, Lilia

Let's see, there was Ava, Emma (both becoming a bit too popular here), Lilly, Charlotte, Fiona and Evangeline (probably my fave, but I don't like the hard G sounds in both Evangeline and Jane).

Thanks for your help!

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
How about:

Ada
Amelia/Amelie
Beatrice
Clara/Claire
Daisy
Dora
Dorothy
Eva/Evie
Flora
Helen/Helene
Holly
Ida
Ivy
Lenora
Lila
Louisa
Molly
Natalie
Nellie
Nora
Phoebe
Violet

(Edited to take out "Lorraine," which would actually not pair so well with "Jane," now that I'm thinking about it...)

Last edited by Nancy R Callahan; 09/24/07 03:33 PM.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
K
Kelly76 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wow, thanks! I really like quite a few of those, especially Amelia, Eva, Helene or Helena, and Lenora or Lenore. Lilah was also on our list, but a friend just used it for their little girl. I really liked the name Delilah, but dh wouldn't go for it b/c of the biblical connotation. Helen was actually the name of an aunt that I lived with for awhile after my mom passed away, so I thought about using that as well. I just don't want other family members to get mad, not sure why I should care though. LOL!

H
H
Hi,
Congratulations on expecting your second child. You must be so excited.
What do you think about the name Felicity? It's definitely an older name, and many people tend to think of it as a feminine name. What I love so very much about the name is the beautiful meaning. Felicity means both Happiness and
Source of Happiness.
So, how does Felicity Jane sound to you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.