logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have to admit, I love award shows and I love Primetime TV, but last night's show bored me something terrible. I couldn't make it through the entire show, but I have been checking up on all the gossip today...

Thoughts on Kathy Griffin and Sally Field...both were censored for there acceptance speeches, do you agree with this, or do you think freedom of speech applies to these types of statements?

Do you think the actors/actresses/shows that should have won, did?

What did you think of that round stage? - it seemed a little strange to have part of the audience staring at celebrity backs all night - I'm sure some were better to look at than others...

Thoughts on best dressed and worst dressed of the evening??

Debra Messing had a beautiful black on white number, I also thought Edie Falco's gown was very flattering making it more attractive on her than it may have been on someone else...Minnie Driver and America Ferrera had bold color choices, and I personally wasn't a huge fan of them, however Christina Aguilera also had a bright pink color that worked well with her platinum blonde hair - and I don't think there is much to say about Jamie Pressly except for - what was she thinking??...What do you think about last night's fashion??

ELIZABETH BORER
[url=HTTP://WWW.BELLAONLINE.COM/SITE/ENTERTAINMENTNEWS]ENTERTAINMENT NEWS[/url]
Oprah Guide at About.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I also love award shows--I made it through this one, but agree it wasn't super exciting.

Regarding censuring--I think Sally Field was censured for profanity, although they bleeped more than just that one word, I think. Since this wasn't on cable, I think they had to bleep it. As far as Kathy Griffin goes, the objection to her speech wasn't profanity, it was content, and I think they should have left it alone and let people decide for themselves.

I wonder most of the time why the people who won did. Sometimes I think, like in the case of Robert Duvall, they feel they "owe" it to an actor who's been around a long time and hasn't won one. Not that I have anything against Duvall--in fact, I didn't see the show he was nominated for, but he was up against some pretty stiff competition if I recall, and I remember being surprised he won.

I agree, the round stage was strange. I loved James Spader's comment about going to many concerts, but those being the worst seats he's ever had! lol

I like Ryan Seacrest and I think he did okay, although I prefer comedy. Would have liked to see Conan or Ellen.

I didn't notice the clothes too much, but now am going to have to search to see what Jaime Presley was wearing!!!

J
Koala
Koala
J
I think Jamie Presley made a couple worst dressed lists. I saw Debra Messing on a best dressed and a worst dressed list-go figure.

I didn't make it through the entire show either as we switched over to watch 4400 and Dead Zone.

I wish the stars wouldn't take the opportunity in front of the cameras to make political speeches-I don't care what their opinions are, personally and I don't think these shows are a place for that. Seems like quite a bit of profanity got bleeped. One of Ray Romano's entire jokes got bleeped!

The round stage was kind of strange but guess they need to try new things.

I wanted Kyra Sedgewick to win but glad that America Ferrera did win. She looked really nice and made several best dressed lists.

OP Offline
Here is a link to an article describing how many thought Seacrest was a flop:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

ELIZABETH BORER
[url=HTTP://WWW.BELLAONLINE.COM/SITE/ENTERTAINMENTNEWS]ENTERTAINMENT NEWS[/url]
Oprah Guide at About.com
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for the link. Interesting article, as were the comments following it. I think I agree with the comments--it wasn't that Ryan was so bad, it was the show in general. The theatre in the round idea didn't seem too popular.

I like America Ferrera, too, but also wanted Kyra Sedgewick to win--I just love her on The Closer! One of the best shows on TV, I think.

Moderated by  Trina Boice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.