Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
joanj #340022 09/10/07 09:43 AM
H
Koala
Koala
H
I was never terribly impressed by Dyer, but i'll give him another try.

Thank you Joan, Manjari.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
joanj #341262 09/15/07 02:27 PM
Shark
Shark
Hi Joan,

I so agree with you. Our thoughts determine our actions. If we think we can, well, WE CAN. If we think we can't, guess what? We won't.

I know for me personally, taking control of my thoughts was like taking control of the direction of my life. Even now, if I let my thoughts go off track, it puts me on a collision course with disaster. I'm learning to get them back on track more quickly so I can keep moving forward into the life of passion and purpose I'm continually creating for myself.

Hey, if I can do it, anyone can. Even in terrible countries where bad things have happened, there are those who rise above circumstances and make a difference in the lives of those around them.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S #341371 09/16/07 03:23 AM
P
Shark
Shark
P
Yes, those who rise above circumstances make a big difference in the lives of those around them.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
When I see the phrase "I am a failure" it reminds me of a hamster my children kept when they were young. That hamster tried every day to escape from his expensive and well-maintained habitat, and I was very happy every day he was a failure. On days that he found a weakness in the system, he escaped! And for some reason he would always find me, zip over and sit by my feet until I noticed, let him crawl into a paper towel holder I kept just for that purpose, and then put him back into his habitat. He would sip some water, have a snack, and then sleep. Then he'd be at it again. And I was happy every day he was a failure.

Having hopes, dreams, goals and plans might be more important to who you are as a person than what you measure as success. And for those who face tremendous challenges in life that block their path from what you measure as success - maybe their next breath has been the goal that they have not failed to reach. And if people around them have kept breathing, perhaps they are in the company of a crowd of highly successful companions.

We have so much potential for spiritual growth, I think we should be working toward it every day like my children's hamster worked to break out of his little hotel. As my daughter once told a younger friend, we were born perfect and are getting better every day.

Best wishes,

Pam W
SE of Seattle
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
P
Shark
Shark
P
Pam, this story of hamster is cute.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.