logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I just got a letter from local insurance company and after doing as instructed, going to Dr. get blood work and that normal weight, height and do I smoke or not.. The blood work came back that I had somewhat high cholesterol. The blood pressure was actually in the normal range for someone of my age.. 50 yrs old.. My quoted policy rate was going to be around 197/month.. and after they got my labwork and noticed the slight increase in Cholesterol. My premium will jump to 277/month.. So, the question I want the readers to answer if possible.. have any of you ever experienced this type of problem and what was the best way you handled it and what kind of insurance have you purchased that is relatively around $200/month and even though there is a slight rise that black marked my upcoming policy..I know I have rambled on, but I just dont know what to do. Thanks..........

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. What is the name of the Insurance Company? Have you considered applying to another one to see what your quoted premium would be? Did you have to pay out of pocket for the lab work?

I actually have insurance through my union, but it is an HMO and my closest Dr is not in an area I want to drive to, so I go to a walk in clinic and pay $40 for my immediate needs. Is there a med you can take to lower the cholesterol and try again in ninety days? What is the agent advising?

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
D
D
what is the name of this inusurance company???

Last edited by BellaOnline; 11/16/11 07:09 AM.
S
S
I just got a letter from local insurance company and after doing as instructed, going to Dr. get blood work and that normal weight, height and do I smoke or not.. The blood work came back that I had somewhat high cholesterol. The blood pressure was actually in the normal range for someone of my age.. 50 yrs old..

>>>>>Glad to hear that everything is within norm.

My quoted policy rate was going to be around 197/month.. and after they got my labwork and noticed the slight increase in Cholesterol. My premium will jump to 277/month..

>>>>>Looks the the insurance company decided to rate you up 40% percent to account for HC and that is A LOT regardless of what state you are in. What state are you in? What insurance company did you submit an application through? Did you apply with a local broker or through a website?

So, the question I want the readers to answer if possible.. have any of you ever experienced this type of problem and what was the best way you handled it and what kind of insurance have you purchased that is relatively around $200/month and even though there is a slight rise that black marked my upcoming policy..I know I have rambled on, but I just dont know what to do. Thanks..........

>>>>>I experience this issue everyday with clients. The best way to obtaining health insurance is to locate a reputable broker/agent who knows how all the insurance companies operate in your area. You can choose to go with a captive or independent agent and the great thing about both is there SHOULD NOT be any fees charged. There are pros/cons of each so you want to do your own research before picking one. The rule of 3 is a great tool to use when considering working with an agent. Each state does things a bit differently and each insurance companies has it's own rules. Unfortunately, consumers cannot access the rules of the companies unless they are licensed.

Hope this helps...

-J.R.

B
Koala
Koala
B
Thanks J.R. for the helpful detailed response.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
F
F

Yes!! Nice information that you have shared with us.
Thank you very much

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J
J
Some insurance agencies sell discount healthcare plans to those who do not qualify or cannot afford health insurance. They cost far less, and the agent earns less, but its better than allowing a client to walk out the door.

Moderated by  Insurance Guru 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.