Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#340841 09/13/07 02:31 PM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Many of you know that i don't have much income and i've been trying to improve my finances. One of the things i've been doing is trying to attract house mates to help with expenses. I own my home. It's a large home, but i've had to defer a lot of maintenance and i wish to get it fixed up. I live in an area that is very economically depressed right now which is making times hard on everyone. Anyway...

Today i have a house mate moving in. I wasn't certain it was going to happen. House mates and renters are very hard to come by at the moment, so i decided to take a gamble. This is a young woman who comes highly recommended by a friend of mine. Her family ran into financial trouble though, and at present she is looking for work and has almost no money. So we agreed she could move in and defer rent until she's up on her feet again. We've been communicating well, so i am informed of what she is doing to find work and she seems like a "go-getter." I believe in her. I'm not giving her money, just space that is doing nothing for me anyway. So it is my hope that this will help her, and help me, too, as after she has work it will bring me some income.

What was it someone just said about having to take risks? Well. hahhaa. I'm taking risks. Wish me luck.

Her name is Gretchen, by the way.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I have thought about this because I own my own home as well and I have an extra bedroom but I have never been able to find someone I felt was suitable and I have a daughter to think about also.

I hope you know what your doing, letting someone move in who has no money and no job. I had already decided if I did this, they would have to sign an agreement with all things completely outlined so no one was able to take advantage.

Watch Judge Judy a couple times and I gaurantee you will see more then a few stories that outline why people should be nervous about sharing a place to live with someone.

I would want a deposit, first and last months rent and their share of utilities up front BEFORE they were allowed to move in AND their agreement that monies were due on a certain date and if they were not in my hand in cash with in 7 days of that date, I had the right to move them out of my place, change the locks and retain their possessions to sell in place of the rent they owe (like a real apartment complex has the right to do).

Once I start nursing school, I am hoping I can find someone who is either a nurse or also in nursing school, someone with similar interests and concerns.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Good Luck Holly.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
thank you.

Wolf
Wolf
Holly, you will have someone to talk to when you are lonely I am very happy for you.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile Thank you.

It is also making me "shape up" at home... fixing house things quickly, being clean and neat, better managed. And last night i made a full dinner, which i would not have bothered to do if it were just me. I think i will keep better sleeping hours, too. We will see. I hope this works well.

Gecko
Gecko
You know what they say - the first step in receiving is giving. I hope this works out for you Holly.

N
Shark
Shark
N
Holly-I'm so proud of you. This is a big step. Not only are you opening your home to her, but also youe heart. Your belief in her might be just the handup she and you both need. Be careful though. If it comes down to it, you're the one that matters most! I, also, want to thank you for something you did for me. In another thread, you suggested I focus on another area of my life for awhile to help relieve the stress being created by my uncertainties in my personal life. Well, I took your suggestion. By concentrating on my financial situation, my stress in both areas was decreased. Things in my personal life have improved, primarily because I'm not feeling so needy and desperate. And on the financial side, I got a second job today. This one is fulltime with benefits. I honestly believe had it not been for you, I wouldn't have gotten my butt out there to find another job!!!!!! So anyways, thank you! Sue

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

I'm so happy for you! This is amazing!

This is going to make SUCH a difference in your life and your self esteem! I'm so proud of you for being a go-getter! laugh

This news made my day!

love,
~holly

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Enjoy the company. You can be a good influence and have a friend to share your home with. In your mind, give your self a deadline for her to be able to financially help. If that time comes and no money, it is up to you to decide what is best for your life. Do you need the money or her friendship the most? We can offer advise on life issues, but you are the one who has to live it. Either way, you will reap reward in heaven for helping someone in need. You are an inspiration to me...

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.