Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
In a word, no.

I think that is one of the things that makes Wicca so great is that there aren't any dogmatic rules. Which means that people in positions of power can't change and use the "rules" to their advantage. It is about people finding their own spirituality their own way.

I don't call myself a Wiccan, as I don't follow all of the technicalities that make one. But, as a Pagan, I still hold by my argument....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Totally agree.... Wicca is a Spiritual Path that is different for each person who follows it. The Rede is enough, anything more and it becomes dogmatic instead of dynamic.

To learn is to live, follow your path, trust your faith and be true to yourself.
D
D
So, if there are no rules can wiccans do something like human sacrifice? I mean, if there are no rules what are the limits?

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
An ye harm none; do as ye will

Gecko
Gecko
Go Robin!

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
Koala
Koala
lol....sorry it just tickled me that that was the first apposing agruement made... please continue.....

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Well, it is true. I suppose human sacrifice would be Ok, if you had a willing participant. That would probably be pretty hard to come by though...

I've never had anyone attack me on this, but from reading other people's postings it does seem that a lot of people think of Pagans as being hedonistic. "If it feels good, do it" as opposed to the actual Rede. Not quite the same meaning...

Gecko
Gecko
Very interesting, now if one wanted to get very technical "human sacrifice" can mean alot of things, or I guess I should say in my mind it can smile

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
The Wiccan Rede is/are the rules..........If you can read that and still want to sacrifice someone....well....

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Harming something/one is a perspective thing. Everytime you breathe, you are killing millions of microbes. Do we quit living to appease bacteria? Everytime we walk we are killing thousands of invertebrate creatures, yet do we quit walking to save these creatures?

Everything we do ends up harming someone or something. If a sacrifice is done for the right reasons, and the sacrificee willingly and knowingly gives him/herself over for that purpose, I say that the Rede isn't necessarily broken...

Any other thoughts? I don't practice any sort of sacrifice, but I think this post brings up an interesting rhetorical question...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.